One of the display screens is gone

amygdala

2013 SE, not Energi...43000 miles (had 34000 when I bought it in 2016). Center display can show home, climate, entertainment, or the "leaf," which displays the vehicle silhouette and shows when engine is on, etc. it's gone. All the other displays respond to touchscreen icon selection, but that one is blank. The "frame" is there (and it was beautiful light blue for a day before the display failed). I know how to "reset" the entertainment by removing and then reinserting its fuse (ridiculous, but it works) and haven't been able to find a way to try that for this (I did remove the "instrumentation" fuse and reinsert, to no avail). Someone said disconnect battery but that seems illogical and I don't trust the results anyway (repeat fail). My manual doesn't even SHOW this center dash screen, only the odometer one! I am here in desperation because youtube and google didn't help.What a lemon this car is! Not until I was 63 years old did I own a domestic vehicle -- nunca otra vez! But at least it's getting 50 mpg these days, and I don't "need" that display screen, but ... it's not a good sign. I don't like or trust Ford dealers (my gosh do they mislead the poor consumers, and replace batteries that don't need replacing! And they seem to know far less than the owners do -- they call out, "uh-oh, APIM!" and want to charge $1000 for major replacements) ... Anyway, help!

Edited by amygdala