Ford c max trans bearing HF35 where to buy ?

hpl90

Hello guys, I buy some months ago c max hybrid from usa, im based in europe and I have problem. My transmission bearing need to be change but in europe I can't get this bearing where I can search this beatring in usa? do you have some sites with parts ? Thanks in advance for help

2013 ford c max hybrid transmission HF35

Which bearing do you need?

For your information, here are some links about transmission problems:

1. CSP 14B07
  2. TSB 15-0174
  3. TSB 17-0039

The last one lists the the Transfer Shaft Kit as part number FG9Z-7H348-D.  The bearings on this shaft have been a source of problems.  The kit is available here (as well as other places).  (Note that the plug-in hybrids use a different kit.)

I don't know if this kit is what you need but hope these links will be a help.

Notice on the parts diagram, many parts are grouped together.  You might be able to buy these groupings.  For example, this listing https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts-list/2013-ford-c-max/planetary-gear-sets.html?PartNumbers=DG9Z-7F342-B might be for part #s 38-42 which are a gear and 4 bearings as the description says Gear Assy Input.  

Why do you need all the bearings? 

So, first locate the bearings you really need and then email a supplier like fordpartsgiant.  

There are two members (SnowStorm and Stratosurfer) that recently sourced a used transmission.  Look at the threads below.  I believe they may have used ebay to locate but not sure. 

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/5257-transmission-leak/page-4?do=findComment&comment=72721

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/7689-replaced-ecvt-with-salvage-unit/?do=findComment&comment=72884

• 2 months later...

No, this information says 2013 through 2016 could be affected:

"Some 2013-2016 Fusion, MKZ and 2013-2016 C-MAX vehicles equipped with an HF35 transmission and built on or before 15-Aug-2015 may exhibit a thumping/rubbing or grinding noise coming from the transmission. The noise may be present in all gear ranges including neutral when the vehicle is moving, but will not be present when the vehicle is stationary or in Park."

Good point.

But the new TSB 17 0039 which replaced TSB 16-0105 appears to be consistent throughout the documents in the adding of the some 2016 C-Maxes to the affected vehicles.  Old TSB 16 0105 says  "Some 2013-2016 Fusion, MKZ and 2013-2015 C-Max vehicles" and the procedure has the 2015 date multiple times.  So, if the 2016 was incorrectly added to the TSB 17 0039, Ford would have likely issued a correction.  Ford may have discovered after the old TSB was issued that some 2016 C-Maxes were built on or before the August 15, 2015 date which is the date of concern not the MY.

My guess is whoever put together the new TSB just used the wording from the old TSB and changed the 2015 to 2016. 

Lets say you have a 2013  cmax that had a new transmission in 2014 or 2015. 

Is it possible the replacement transmission you received is still one of the bad batches? 

If yes, then how many people have had 2 transmissions replaced? 

Just wondering if they had substandard fluid installed in the early years that accelerated transmission wear.

Lets say you have a 2013  cmax that had a new transmission in 2014 or 2015. 

Is it possible the replacement transmission you received is still one of the bad batches? 

If yes, then how many people have had 2 transmissions replaced? 

Just wondering if they had substandard fluid installed in the early years that accelerated transmission wear.

When was the first transmission replaced?  I certainly hope that no one received a replacement that didn't have the problem corrected.

As to bad fluid, I doubt that was the cause (at least not in my case) since something obviously shifted out of place on the transfer shaft that caused;

• deep internal wear groves just like shown in the TSB
  • a hole worn completely through the side of the case (!) by the end of the shaft
  • all the corners of teeth sheared off on one side of one gear!

I still think the shaft uses press-fit assembly and either the design or manufacturing wasn't quite right - the fit wasn't tight enough.  Another possibility is that a sudden jerk or reverse torque from a motor might have popped something loose.  I remember such a jerk happening once or so when, IIRC, coming to a stop after using L (motor braking).  I never use L anymore!  Its all such a pity since the transmission looks like quite a nice design.  I was amazed to see so many parts inside my old one that looked "like new" even though it had made noise for tens of thousands of miles and had all those wear particles and broken teeth flying around in there.  It wouldn't surprise me to see a good one go a million miles - there's really nothing to wear out.  Its also quite a pity that Ford will no longer pay a few thousand dollars to fix such a glaring error.  My wife says she'll "never buy another Ford".

... Just wondering if they had substandard fluid installed in the early years that accelerated transmission wear.

That would have been a very easy fix to implement at their dealerships. 

The fixes Ford did implement were in software, changing the start-up behavior. My ICE provides near-zero torque when first started from cold. It's EV-only regardless HVB status for about 10 seconds. I suspect this reduces the load on the problem bearing until oil flow is established. This behavior showed up in 2015, the third and last PCM update. 

I'm no longer hoping that applying this fix at 40K miles will get me way past 100K, my intent when we inherited the car. We'd never lost a Volvo below 200K...

Have fun,

Frank 

• 5 months later...
Hi guys ! My name is Johnatham Clemente, I'm from Brazil.
I have a mechanic shop and I work a lot with hybrid and electric cars. if you need it, i have all the original bearings of the HF-35 transmission.
my whatsapp is +55 047 34720406.
Sorry for my bad English!
I hope I can help!