Buying 2013 Ford C-Max with 4k Miles

strife622

Hello all,

I'm going to go look at a 2013 Ford C-Max today. It's looks like a great deal but i'm worried about how low the miles are for the car.

It has less than 4k miles on it, has a carfax report, and is from a reputable dealer.

I'm worried because the car has been driven an average of 600 miles per year, and my fear is that it spent a large chunk of time just siting on a lot. And might give me issues.

Do you think this should be any cause for concern?

Thanks!

Ford dealer lot? How much? There are a number of CSPs which should be performed but they have an expiration date. So if dealer will not do, you will have to pay. There are many recalls that should not have an expiration. I’d get all fluids changed, likely new pads and rotors (they rust), new 12 V battery, all new filters and so forth. I wouldn’t pay more than $10 - 11k without warranties. The unique hybrid components have an 8 yr / 100 k warranty. So, there’s likely a year + warranty left. Ask, for an extended warranty. Check Ford as I believe you can get extended warranties unto 11 years from in service date.

Thanks for the response, Yes it's from a ford dealer lot. They're asking 12k, still unclear about maintenance done, because the carfax doesn't show it. But i'm going to ask them a bit more about the background when i go.

I don't think it comes with any warranties but i could be wrong. Here's the car if you care to see it.

https://www.koonsfordfallschurch.com/used/Ford/2013-Ford-C-MAX-7ed50a580a0e0ae74d6d6b15596f8e61.htm

Nice car.  Looks like mine when new.  If it has original tires they are about 7 years old.  I'm changing my tires next summer only 56k on them now.

Have dealer put on the latest version (10) of sync 2.  Don't think I would mess with the brakes or battery if they seem to be working fine.

Oh, the tire sealant in the compressor kit has expired, get them to give you a new canister too.   :)

Edited by homestead

Wow great car and $12k seems reasonable given it’s loaded.  Get the latest nav chip and ask about Ford ESP warranty and all CSPs and recalls to ensure they have all been done.  You can get the Ford’s ESP on line generally at a lower price than selling dealer. What does car fax show as the date originally titled as the original Unique Hybrid Components warranty should still apply which will cover the transmission.  If you can buy a Ford ESP at a reasonable price to extend hybrid warranty for 11 years (maybe until 2023-2024), you would get coverage for unique hybrid components for close to the same time period as buying a 2016 MY with likely no issue on mileage limit.

So, UHC warranty should be good until 2/28/2021. Since it was in an accident, 12k is a little high. Since you have vin, call a few dealers that will sell a ESP warranty online. I can’t off hand recall the dealers’ names, maybe others will and also search for esp extended warranty on forum.

Edited by Plus 3 Golfer

Went to the dealership...The car was a trade in and i guess the guy changed his mind and came back for it. :swear:

Thanks anyways for the help guys.

Last question, how is the cargo space? 

The wife and I are expecting here in the next few months, and we want to make sure we can fit a stroller and some other small items in the back.

Thanks again!