Remote start, do I just need a 4-button MyKey?

Purchased a 2014 SEL and it came with one MyKey.  It is a 3 button variety with a physical key hidden in the base.

Since remote start probably is handled in software, is there a way to purchase a 4-button key with remote start capability, and enable remote start?

Also, where is the best place to purchase a replacement Ford key, either 3-btn or 4-btn depending if I can get remote start activated.  Can any locksmith copy the physical key or is that only done through Ford?

https://www.amazon.com/KeylessOption-Keyless-Remote-Lincoln-M3N5WY8609/dp/B07KB784KK/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stvp?cv_ct_cx=ford+mykey&keywords=ford+mykey&pd_rd_i=B07KB784KK&pd_rd_r=39b4bba7-cc1a-4960-83a1-837617e905ca&pd_rd_w=EK65U&pd_rd_wg=Zebgr&pf_rd_p=a6d018ad-f20b-46c9-8920-433972c7d9b7&pf_rd_r=B1F8J30P452CPDHSZCBY&psc=1&qid=1579981879&sr=1-2-dd5817a1-1ba7-46c2-8996-f96e7b0f409c

Edited by WannaCMAX

Welcome to the fold! Hopefully I can straighten out your expectations. 

To get remote start, you need an Energi and its 5-button fob. You have a Hybrid, the best you get is intelligent access, a 3-button fob. Too bad you didn't get two; as you've discovered, they're expensive. Hopefully, someone will chime in. 

"MyKey" is a custom fob program, intended, for example, for families with new drivers who might be distracted by the amusement park in the middle of the dash.

"MyKey allows you to program keys with restricted driving modes to promote good driving habits. ..."

And you need two fobs to program one as MyKey. Without an "administrator" fob, MyKey doesn't work. Conversely, if you lose the admin fob, you're stuck. 

Enjoy!

Frank

IIRC, the remote start works with the PATS and hence requires an RFR module / larger antenna that can transmit the signal a greater distance to the FOB for validation.  With a normal FOB, the validation range is about 1 meter so car will only start with FOB in car.  So, I don’t believe buying a remote start FOB will work without additional equipment even if you can program it into vehicle (may not be possible). 

You need two FOBs programmed into car for car to start.  So, since one FOB is missing, I’d have Ford / qualified locksmith reset the FOB data in the car and then reprogram old FOB and add new FOB to the car.  This will then prevent missing FOB from being used on your car.  The reset will also wipe out MY KEY data.  The new emergency key blank then needs cut.  

• 4 years later...

From my research the remote start fob is also a different frequency. 433 MHZ for the non remote start model and 315 MHZ for the remote start key.

I have used Forscan and enabled the remote start in the IC but have not updated the antenna with the remote start model.

I was a senior master Ford tech for 26 years and in theory it should be able to be done with software but I haven't made it there yet.