$5000 for a 13 Energi

dang10010

$5000 with 158,xxx at a dealer, 'm hoping the battery would get me a good 15+ miles, that'd cover my small commute to work and maybe somehow the transmission has already been replaced under warranty, I'll check with Ford tomorrow. I'll be sure to listen for that transmission whine if I test drive. I'm hoping with the age and miles maybe the big stuff has already been replaced, a man can dream. Besides the trans, anything else I should check for?

1 hour ago, dang10010 said:

$5000 with 158,xxx at a dealer, 'm hoping the battery would get me a good 15+ miles, that'd cover my small commute to work and maybe somehow the transmission has already been replaced under warranty, I'll check with Ford tomorrow. I'll be sure to listen for that transmission whine if I test drive. I'm hoping with the age and miles maybe the big stuff has already been replaced, a man can dream. Besides the trans, anything else I should check for?

I assume when you say dealer, you mean Ford dealer. I suspect they would not sell a car they didn't feel good about. The Ford dealer that sold me my 2016 also had a 2013, and they elected to sell that one through their Kia dealership. I think they knew the potential issues with it and even though it was good enough to sell at a dealer, it would be far better for a problem with a Ford to come back to a Kia used car dealer....they would not be expected to have the leverage with Ford and it would just be a straight "whatever portion of the factory warranty is left)

The dealer should have insights into all the major work done on it....especially if there was a transmission. If that was done, make sure it had a newer one put in.....you know, one made after Aug 15, 2015. If it was an earlier one, I am not sure lightning really can't strike twice.

Also...obviously with cars of high mileage, all the typical wear stuff should be looked at.....I hear the steering rack is expensive on these cars, but it is electric, so probably has nothing to leak. But looking for leaks and weird suspension sounds and feelings as you drive.....also make sure the plugs have been changed lately...and filters. A lot of stuff is not straight forward to do, so you want it to be as nuisance free as possible.