Pcm location

Elliotmontalvo0203

Where is the pcm on a 2013 ford cmax energi. I was told to change the pcm because the car has a check engin light on along with the yellow wrench, the ac dosent work and when you drive the car sometimes the car dosent drive well because it lowers the apeed on car and i have to pull over shut the car off and turn it back on... does anyone think that changing the pcm will be the answer 

Remove the left front wheel (driver's side) and the inner fender plastic shield.  Then, look to the front of the car.  The PCM is behind a cover.  Remove the cover and you will see several large connectors on the bottom of the PCM.   Look for any water intrusion.  IIRC, some have had connector corrosion and some may have had water enter the PCM.  Clean everything especially connectors.   Put back together and see if the issue goes away.  If not, you can buy used PCM that match your PCM part number.  You may need to have the module reprogrammed by the dealer or shop.  You may be able to buy a used one (at a higher price) that will be programmed to your VIN.

Do you know the DTCs?  Sounds like the car is going into "limp" mode because of a fail safe condition.  It could simply be bad connections. How many miles on car?  Any front end accidents?  Bottom engine cover in place? Where do you live?  Original owner?  Is your 12 V battery in good health?

Edited by Plus 3 Golfer

OK.  I wonder if the car was ever driven through high water as the PCM box is fairly low.  Can you get the diagnostic trouble codes?  I believe Autozone will read the codes. Does the AC work and then just quit and not blow cold air or are you saying that when the car goes into limp mode the AC quits.  Does the fan blow? Have you checked fuses for the AC?  Who told you to replace the PCM?  

If you are tech savvy, for about $30 you can get the FORScan app for smartphones and an adapter to connect to your OBDII port.  The App is a scanner / diagnostic tool for Ford vehicles.  Search FORScan on the site for many of my posts on it.  http://forscan.org/home.html