Any tips for removing the front turn signal bulb?

The front indicator light on my 2014 SEL is out. It still works as an amber driving light, but it doesn't blink when I have my indicators on. Thankfully there's a turn signal built into the wing mirror!

I watched a video and managed to get the driver's side headlight housing out. Wasn't able to disconnect the wiring, but no big deal.

Had no problem taking out the positioning light or whatever that secondary light is in the same bay as the indicator. Unfortunately I couldn't get the indicator or its wiring harness out. I tried turning it anti-clockwise with increasing amounts of force, but couldn't get it out.

Any tips on how to complete this job?

• 4 weeks later...

Did you try pulling it straight out at this point?  I actually had to change one on our '13, and swapped in a parking lot of the store without removing the lamp.  I don't recall anything unique except it was really cramped because I hadn't removed the lamp.

I didn't want to force the lens housing and crack it so I've never actually removed the whole headlight assembly, just undid all of the bolts and pins and rotated it up enough to get better access to the wiring and bulb sockets.  I also was never really able to disconnect the wiring clips due to cramped space, but I was still able to rotate the bulb socket and pull it out of the assembly, then when you have the socket in hand pull the bulb straight out of the socket and replace the bulb, reinstall the socket into the assembly and twist 1/4 turn to seal against the housing again.

So your bulb socket doesn't want to separate from the rest of the headlight housing?  I think the seal initially was a little tight on mine but was still able to rotate the socket to pull it out of the housing, sorry.