Looking For Used C-Max

stratosurfer

22 hours ago, stratosurfer said:

All,

My daughter needs a car and I will be hanging on my to my 2013 for at least another year and 50K more miles. If anyone is selling a 2013-2015 that the HF35 has been replaced no matter how many miles I am willing to discuss.

Thanks

Mark

Why not consider a 2016, post transmission fix? I ask because it is not clear to me that every transmission that was "replaced" was done properly or through a dealer where it might have the benefit of the "new" fixes. I bet some were just replaced with transmissions from junk yard same year wrecks which might just be transmissions that have not hit their day in the sun.

Also, I bet there are folks who went in and "fixed one themselves", which might actually be better, but how do you judge that?

Just curious what your thinking.

-Quentin

Edited by bigqueue

If you decide on a 2016 - don't make the mistake I did.  It turns out that not all 2016s came automatically with Snyc 3.  My '2016' was manufactured in Oct. of 2015 (found out after I bought it) and didn't include Sync 3 and it can't be updated to it either (an SE model with a small screen).

Just check and make sure you don't repeat my mistake if Sync 3 is a big deal (it wasn't in my case).  I'm a low tech old fart.

But my 2015 made the cutoff for the good transmissions (those after 'on or before' August 15th, 2015). So build dates might be worth checking carefully for both issues.