P0D24 Diagnostic code

Wojo

I have a 2014 C Max Energi. My check engine light came on and when I plugged my computer into it shows a P0D24 code under the Generic Powertrain  heading and the Batter Energy control module.   The description is Undocumented trouble code description.  I have also been getting texts about charging faults but the batter does charge. I clear it and the light ones out......any ideas on what is going on???

Battery Charge Control Module Performance Check Operation:
DTCs P0D24 - Battery Charger Temperature Too High
P0562 - System Voltage Low
P0DAA - Battery Charging System Isolation Fault
Monitor execution Charger active, on-plug, connected to EVSE and charging
Monitor Sequence None
Sensors OK
Monitoring Duration 60 sec

Where are you located.  Could be ambient temperature is too high.  Maybe too low air flow due to blockage or fan speed too low. So make sure no blockage of cooling air ducts.   Could be bad SOBDM but you'll need a scan tool to monitor PIDs and run self check.  See FORScan.org  Get the FORScan App and an appropriated OBDII Adapter. 

The SOBDM is air-cooled by a cooling fan pulling in cabin or outside air (via outside air duct mode door). The SOBDM monitors its temperature internally and monitors the air inlet temperature of the High Voltage Battery via HS-CAN . If the temperature increases higher than normal, a P0D8F:00 sets and charging will be derated. This DTC is often the result of high environmental temperatures. If the temperature becomes excessive, DTC P0D24:00 sets. The SOBDM stops charging and goes to a fault status until the over-temperature condition clears. Presence of this DTC illuminates the Charger Service Required indicator in the IPC .

DTC Description Fault Trigger Conditions
P0D8F:00 Battery Charger Cooling System Performance: No Sub Type Information This DTC sets when the SOBDM reaches a higher than normal temperature.
P0D24:00 Battery Charger Temperature Too High: No Sub Type Information This DTC sets when the SOBDM senses high internal temperature.

Possible Sources

• High environmental temperatures
  • SOBDM cooling fan
  • SOBDM outside air duct mode door stuck closed
  • SOBDM cooling fan inlet duct damaged
  • SOBDM

Visual Inspection and Diagnostic Pre-checks

• Inspect the SOBDM cooling fan inlet and outlet ducts for damage

Air inlet when charging is from the right wheel well.  There's a door that opens.  I believe exhaust is ducts running up the sides of the rear hatch to vents on top where the seat belts connect to body.  But, I believe you also would need to remove the floor and likely other panels to get to the fan and duct work.  Look on you tube for videos.  Weber State has videos on all the main components of the C-Max. Look for ones on the HVB.  I also believe there are some videos showing the cooling fan.  There is no filter as far as I know.  When the car is not charging the inlets are underneath the rear seat on the back wall.