Enhanced view of Trip screens

C-MaxJaxon

• 4 weeks later...

great tip .. I was wondering where to see the MPG for a trip.

How can we get the Trip MPG on the small trip read-out on the right side of the custom view?  Trip time is useless ... MPG there would be great

Lifetime MPG is another useless thing to put on every screen.  It would be more useful as a user configured Trip 1/2.

Anyonw know how to submit requests likie this to Ford?

I recently discovered there is an Enhanced mode for the Trip 1 and Trip 2 screens. If you use the right arrow while on each screen, you can switch to Enhanced, which shows more details. You have to go into both 1 and 2 separately and switch them both.

Well that explains why my two trip screens  don't look the same. LOL

• 4 weeks later...
I just don't understand Trip 1, Trip 2?  What's it all about?  Help!

Page 111-112 of the owner manual:

Main menu

From the main menu bar on the left side of the information display, you can choose from the following categories:

Display Mode

Trip 1 & 2

Fuel Economy

Information

Settings

Scroll up/down to highlight one of the categories, then press the right arrow key or OK to enter into that category. Press the left arrow key as needed to exit back to the main menu.

I just don't understand Trip 1, Trip 2?  What's it all about?  Help!

Tom, if you're asking what they're for, I use one of them to track miles/mpgs since my last fill-up.  I use the other when I want to track a certain trip (like driving from San Diego to Irvine today), again to track mileage and miles traveled.  You reset the Trip odometer/information to zero by pressing and holdg the "OK" button on the left side steering wheel.

I find having two is very helpful, allowing tracking of multiple "trips".

What I want is to put the custom view or trip screens on the LCD to the right of the speedometer. The leaves and entertainment stuff there isn't useful to me.

I told that to at least 5 engineers at the owner's event in Irvine.   One of them was incredulous that I hated the leaves, the rest of them were sympathetic.  They said they would talk to the suits in Detroit about this, but none of them could say with absolute authority that it would get done.  It's a software change, but I am sure they have a huge prioritized list of other software changes/additions, and I'm not sure where this idea would rank in terms of priority.

The problem isn't the leaves. Maybe some people like them...

The problem is that WE as the owners and users of our cars - should have better ability to choose for ourselves.

If I want leaves, cool. If I want a screen full of gauges, cool.

There is no reason that the right screen should be less functional than the left. :)

I agree.  We should have a custom menu that gives us any data readout on the right screen that we choose.  There are many parameters available via the OBD port that could be put there.  This would have great appeal to tech-minded buyers who go out of their way to add aftermarket OBD display devices such as the Scangauge and Ultragauge..