changing key fob battery

I've had a '13 SEL for 20 months.   I have two keyfobs.  Recently got "Key Not Detected" dash warning in cold garage.  I guessed the fob

battery went dead and I found this TERRIFIC video on youtube addressing this topic on the model:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofRVyP4PAzg

I replaced the battery on Fob #1--no problem.  Car now working fine. However....Trying to replace the batter on Fob #2, once i remove the key

from the fob  I CANNOT pry the fob opened to expose the battery.  Have a perfect sized screwdriver that worked on Fob #1. I twist

it quite hard (obviously worried I'm going to break the plastic) and it doesn't budge. Try to "lift" it; Ditto.  Any suggestions? I wonder if I can

soak it in something or spray it?  I have NO IDEA why the first one separated and this one doesn't--except for the fact that this is

an incredibly stupid design.  Don't get me started on having only a push-button ignition and a spare "key" that

doesn't start the car.  (I know I know I've read here about the workaround, but C'mon.)

For the most part I LOVE this car but this system strikes me as too cute by half.   Thank You. I love this forum and

only wish I didn't have to consult it so often to figure out this or that.

Highway, not sure what would be best to avoid breaking something.  I'd try placing the fob on a sunlit, hot dashboard for for few hours to maybe help loosen up any "fusing" that's taken place.  I had to replace my new 2018 cmax fob batteries within the first year due to some "schmucky" slime (maybe dielectric grease) that was used on the button batteries.  

Keep prying...carefully.  Good luck!

Greg

Glad to report problem fixed.  Best I could do with Greg's advice was hang the fob on lampshade nearly touching the lighted bulb.  These modern bulbs don't  throw out much heat tho.  After a couple hours of that tried again. I think the heat helped some. What helped more was instead of trying to twist the blade of  the srewdriver in the slot to pry the fob open, I applied the force straight up (the video does suggest this as an option). When you're prying straight up the plastic in the slot doesn't feel so vulnerable so I pushed quite a bit harder and at least created a crease in the side of the fob that i could get the screwdriver into and finish the job. Now has been reassembled and working ok despite 5 degree temp.  Still a lot harder than it needs to be. Am going to try applying some very light coating to the edges of the top and bottom of the fob (bar soap?) before reassembling again. 

Thanks again Greg.

Edited by Highway
correct spacing