Who says it can't be done-Post Highs here-over 25 miles traveled

salprint

We have camping friends that we join annually at the Chula Vista RV Park.  It is a great RV park with a 4 star rating.    

We have stayed there often -- our "staycation" location.  Great place!

"Patience young grasshoppers... :) "

I second that.  We're at the forefront of the C-Max experience, and what we find out about our car is "new".  We are providing the history for future C-Max drivers to rely on.  We don't have the 10 years + of history that the Prius has -- we are creating it! And it's going to take time and patience.  And there's nothing to say we can't enjoy it along the time.

BTW: just watching "The Taste" on ABC, sponsored (in part) by Ford C-Max, with commercials, and they also use the cars to travel around, highlighting it.  Cool!

I've also not noticed a difference with the air conditioning on.  However, it's not baking hot here yet.  I probably need to spend the money on a good sun shade in order to help out once summer hits.

Having AC on only means your batt levels drains a tad faster. However, if you keep a decent regen cycle going, you're fine and won't notice any diff. Oh, AC on also effects the shutters and aerodynamics established by some posters.

49 MPG!!!! Took a different route home from work.  No interstate, just rural roads, mostly 45 mph some 55 mph.  Its almost a break even in gas consumption since its about 3 miles further, but I am getting 49 mpg vs. my previous best of 43 mpg.  Temp was mid 50's.

CMAX49MPG.jpg

:drool:  :rockon:

Very nice Hannah...thats a decent distance as wel. Good to see your odo at 4391, you're well into the engine break-in based on my own experience. Look forward to higher MPGs. The sweet spot of this car is 45mph - 55mph - which is similar speed I drive when I do my runs to Ventura on Los Angeles. Keep'em posting Hannah!!!

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

49 MPG!!!! Took a different route home from work.  No interstate, just rural roads, mostly 45 mph some 55 mph.  Its almost a break even in gas consumption since its about 3 miles further, but I am getting 49 mpg vs. my previous best of 43 mpg.  Temp was mid 50's.

CMAX49MPG.jpg

That's good enough for you to advance to the next round of the ACC tournament.

My 3 trips from today. Drive to the in-laws, then round trip from San Francisco to Los Altos and back. Trip there 46.9 mpg, trip back 48.7 mpg. 4 adults in the car, 50F ambient temp. It also started to rain on the trip back. Will post pics when I get to a computer.

attachicon.gif2013-01-05_13-16-33_144-small.jpg 2 adults in the car, mixed local/highway driving, top speed ~65mph for the brief portion on the highway.

attachicon.gif2013-01-05_14-07-40_267-small.jpg 4 adults in the car, 80% highway driving, speeds from 55-75mph.

attachicon.gif2013-01-05_15-48-00_435-small.jpg 4 adults in the car, 80% highway driving, speeds from 55-70mph, raining for most of the way back.

11.5mi/(50.2mi/gal) = 0.229gal

37.1mi/(46.9mi/gal) = 0.791gal

35.8mi/(48.7mi/gal) = 0.735gal

84.4mi/1.755gal = 48.091mpg = 48.1mpg

From Speed6ing 2 C-Maxing I think I've passed you on 280 near El Monte Road?  I've seen a Max like the one in your profile on more than one occasion.  I frequently drive up 280 to Page Mill when my commute takes me to Palo Alto.  Just wanted to mention it.  Next time I'm the Platinium White Max with black factory wheels and blacked out front grille.

• 3 months later...

Heres a longer run: 51MPGs.

My run on Route 1 from Cecil County, MD to Northeast Baltimore City, MD.  Temp, 86 degrees and High Humidity. NO Eco-cruise. Speed Limits varied 35-50mph going in and out of townships, although most of the time the Speed Limit was 50.  I tend to do about 3-5mph over the limit most days.

u22p.jpg

got as low as 29.8AvMPG today with full A/C since we are hovering around 100degrees today and I'm doing badly with my braking, but I'm comfortable and thats all that matters.  I've given up trying to get 40's anymore it just isn't happening too much.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still a fairly new owner. My car is only 3 weeks old, but I have already put 2100 miles on it. Too bad my first week included a trip from Los Angeles to Phoenix and back, in 110+F heat so I had the A/C on and the speed limit was 75 most of the way, so I got just 39 mpg on that round trip. Bu tI will also admit, I was not even trying and it was not even close to broken in with only 200 miles on the clock before I hit the road. I just started my 5th tank of gas, filled up last night near home, and reset trip1. I drove to work, took a few people to lunch, drove home, drove 3 short trips in town, and got this when I got back home.

post-1232-0-23152800-1373953988_thumb.jpg

65.4 miles total, going over hills and in varying traffic, speeds did hit 75 mph, and also had stop and go, so this is a solid all around all conditions average 47.5 MPG! I would say the 47 combined is dead on without having to work at it. That is with the A/C off, but with the windows full open, even at highway speeds. I even punched it into the yellow a few times and have no trouble merging into traffic. My wife had a 2010 Prius hatch and now has a 2013 Prius C. It may do a tick better MPG in the same drive, but the C-Max is so much more fun to drive and a whole lot bigger too.

Edited by GaryM

Those number seem kind of odd. I would expect that, for 87.8MPG, you would be in EV for far longer than only 40% of the trip.

Its legit - here's the deal here. Since jmonty is going > 62 mph and all downslope, he's not running in the EV mode.EVM does not kick in, so hes only showing the white ICE mode on even when he's coasting because of the speed. Had his speed been way less, yeah....then I would expect a ton of EV to show.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax