From Fusion hybrid to C-Max hybrid

HipGnosis

I had a '14 Fusion hybrid and liked it alot - 120K worth.

Within weeks of finding out that there was a C-Max hybrid and that it is the same powertrain as the Fusion, I traded in the Fusion on a '17 C-Max hybrid!

I've got quite a bit to learn, which brought me here...

Welcome! You're arriving just as we get control of a spam problem; good timing! (And bear with us.)

I, for one, will be interested in what you get for mileage, as both cars had the same 47 MPG rating when launched as a 2013 model (what I had). Famously, Ford used Fusion metrics to calculate C-Max's 47, and then admitted a mistake across the board. We got two checks for the "added" fuel cost. No one complained about the Fusion's mileage. 

Enjoy!

Frank

4 hours ago, HipGnosis said:

I had a '14 Fusion hybrid and liked it alot - 120K worth.

Within weeks of finding out that there was a C-Max hybrid and that it is the same powertrain as the Fusion, I traded in the Fusion on a '17 C-Max hybrid!

I've got quite a bit to learn, which brought me here...

Welcome aboard. If you had stopped by a few weeks ago, you might have decided to keep on going. We were spammafied something fierce. Lots of good info here. I'm on my second CMax. First one was a 2013 SEL. Just sold it recently and picked up a 2018 Titanium with 17k on it. Liking this newer one a lot.

1 hour ago, jmcgliss said:

Congrats!  We're at the end of our 3-year lease with our 2018 and it's been a solid experience. Winter driving lowered our 3-year average mpg, but 750 mile range per tank is achievable. 

You have pretty good avg MPG's on your 2018.  Are you going to buy the car after the lease is up?

On 4/8/2021 at 1:20 PM, homestead said:

You have pretty good avg MPG's on your 2018.  Are you going to buy the car after the lease is up?

We have a few more weeks to agonize over that, and know we will regret returning it. My wife averages about 54mpg in warm weather, dropping during the winter or a few turnpike trips.  We also have two Subaru turbos with manual transmissions for winter weather that are like members of the family. But, a 2021 Escape AWD Hybrid is calling our name since it can replace the C-Max and one of the Subaru's that is nearing 200K miles.  The short answer is we would buy out the C-Max lease on its own merits.