Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

Multiple locations for EV+ ?

EV+

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jus-A-CMax

Jus-A-CMax

Brother Jus

• Moderators
  • 3,246 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSan Fernando, CA
  • My C-MAX's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:SEL

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

So today I headed down to North Hollywood after a stop at Galpin to talk to their service manager about my MFT, panel and liftgate issues. Nothing exciting to report there except that they'll get back to me about the MFT update. Clearly I knew about the MFT updates more than they did, not surprising - thanks to the information from all the posters here.

Anyway, as I neared my destination in North Hollywood, I noticed that my EV+ was on...I had to do a double take. I was about 3/4 mile out from my destination and ever since I have had this car, this destination was always my 2nd most frequent stop (aside from home where you naturally expect the EV+to come on). It's off Victory if anyone cares. 

So - does this mean that the CMax is capable of "remembering" multiple EV+ locations? I have never seen this, and I am not sure if anyone else has reported this. I've not reset my lifetime gauge in yonkers either.

I mean it doesn't do me any good here with EV+ or not but its cool to know the car has learnt and scary to know that IT CAN LEARN!!!!

Anyone else seen this multiple EV+? 

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   mrobinso8

mrobinso8

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 39 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationTennessee
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX Hybrid

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

My wife has two EV+ locations.  Our house and where she goes several times a week, church.

#3 OFFLINE   RedLdr1

RedLdr1

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 144 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationMetro Atlanta
  • My C-MAX's Year:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-MAX SEL 302A Package

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

Anyone else seen this multiple EV+? 

Yes, we have our home and my wife's office showing EV+ now...

#4 OFFLINE   Jbtbga

Jbtbga

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 58 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationGA
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax SEL

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

Home and my office are both EV+ modes at >1/4 mile

#5 OFFLINE   Adair

Adair

C-Max Hybrid Member

• Moderators
  • 1,444 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMilan, Michigan
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL, 303A, built 11.24.12

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

I get those 2....work and home. Anyone with more than 2 EV+ locations?

#6 OFFLINE   C-MaxJaxon

C-MaxJaxon

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 254 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford C-Max SEL

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

I've had at least three. It would go into EV+ whenever I drove near the dealer. Guess there were a few test drives before mine.

• Adair likes this

#7 OFFLINE   Jus-A-CMax

Jus-A-CMax

Brother Jus

• Moderators
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

I wonder if part of the EV+ equation is the time the vehicle spends there? Reason being is that I've been going to this location since Day 1 for an hour or 2 and its taken nearly 4 months to register this location as the EV+....

#8 OFFLINE   roninsd

roninsd

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 504 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Sterling Gray C-Max Hybrid SEL

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:13 AM

I've had 3 EV+ locations.  The main factor seems to be how often the car is turned off/on at a given destination.  After a certain number of times, it should recognize that location as a frequent destination.

As I posted somewhere else, one of the engineers at the Irvine get together said that if you wanted to speed up the recognition of a place as a frequent destination, you can turn the car on, wait a few seconds, off, wait a few seconds, and do this 11 or so times.  So this would indicate it's this process, not the time spent in a location, that registers the location as EV+.

I don't know if there is any maximum number of locations that it can remember.

• 11StiLimited likes this

#9 OFFLINE   Jus-A-CMax

Jus-A-CMax

Brother Jus

• Moderators
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:22 AM

Cool tip, thanks Ron  :rockon: 

#10 OFFLINE   roninsd

roninsd

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 504 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA
  • Current Vehicle:Sterling Gray C-Max Hybrid SEL

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:31 AM

Gee, Jus, maybe you could stop every two miles or so on your normal route and try to set EV+ at each one.  Think how far you could get on EV+ alone! :)

• RachelnLa and robertiv like this

#11 OFFLINE   Jus-A-CMax

Jus-A-CMax

Brother Jus

• Moderators
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:40 AM

Gee, Jus, maybe you could stop every two miles or so on your normal route and try to set EV+ at each one.  Think how far you could get on EV+ alone! :)

Thats theory but it seems to be recharging in EV+ seems less, its seems more aggressive outputting than regen. Oh I know, today I had a lil 5.6 mile run 0.00 gallons used, all EV with 72MPG and that is with 60% batt full...didn't realize how good it was until I saw the output...and when I saw it was EV+ at the end there. Flat valley surface roads. I am looking forward to heading back to North Hollywood to see the EV+ kick in again but that won't be till next week though. Got another way trip to do.

• salsaguy likes this

#12 OFFLINE   joe

joe

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 205 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Locationvirginia
  • Current Vehicle:2013 c-max sel

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

I wonder how this works when the GPS always shows me where I'm not?  Although if it is consistantly wrong the same way each time, then I guess it could still list some routes as EV+ .

#13 OFFLINE   zhackwyatt

zhackwyatt

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 829 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ
  • Current Vehicle:'13 C-Max Sel 303A

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

I wonder how this works when the GPS always shows me where I'm not?  Although if it is consistantly wrong the same way each time, then I guess it could still list some routes as EV+ .

Routes are not EV+ the location is.  By my experience, it seems to be a half-kilometer radius.  Once you enter that radius, EV+ kicks in.

#14 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationNewnan, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX SEL

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

I have two that I know of, don't pay that close of attention to it, home and work and to me it seems about a 1/4mi.

#15 OFFLINE   LizM

LizM

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 148 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationSW Ohio
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL 300A

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

My EV+ will kick on when I am about three miles from my house - as the car drives, but as the crow flies, less than a mile.  I have to go down a main busy street with no turn off to my subdivision until I get another mile or so...the EV+ kicks on and off again, then back on after I turn into the subdivision and am closer to my house.

#16 OFFLINE   11StiLimited

11StiLimited

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 190 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Hybrid

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:45 AM

I have this mode enabled, but it has yet to learn my house or my work, despite the fact I have had the car 3 weeks now.  I tried to find the reset procedure in the manual, but was unable to find out how to reset the memory.  I will try the 11 starts thing to try to trick it into learning my work.  Is there really a way to reset the memory for this and if so, how?

#17 OFFLINE   MikeB

MikeB

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 219 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Energi

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:04 AM

Yes, when you do a Lifetime Reset, the EV+ locations are also cleared. But I haven't heard of a way to reset the EV+ locations without also resetting your Lifetime MPG stats.

My car learned my house in 2 days, but took about 3 weeks to figure out my office. It's now added a 3rd location at my local grocery store (which may be interesting, since I pass it daily on the way to and from work).

#18 OFFLINE   11StiLimited

11StiLimited

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 190 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:26 AM

Thanks MikeB.  I did a Lifetime Reset at exactly 600 miles because between the the poor mileage/ EV ratio and minor brake abuse from test drivers (car had almost 300 miles on it when I got it), I wanted a Lifetime of MY stats:). I have gone 150 miles (mostly back and forth to work) since the reset, but I have 0 EV+ locations stored.  I was starting to get concerned about this, prompting me to post.

Just in case I am missing something, where is the "EV+" indicator?  Is it just an add-on to the EV indicator bar/ light?

Edited by 11StiLimited, 02 April 2013 - 10:28 AM.

#19 OFFLINE   11StiLimited

11StiLimited

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 190 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

I've had 3 EV+ locations.  The main factor seems to be how often the car is turned off/on at a given destination.  After a certain number of times, it should recognize that location as a frequent destination.

As I posted somewhere else, one of the engineers at the Irvine get together said that if you wanted to speed up the recognition of a place as a frequent destination, you can turn the car on, wait a few seconds, off, wait a few seconds, and do this 11 or so times.  So this would indicate it's this process, not the time spent in a location, that registers the location as EV+.

I don't know if there is any maximum number of locations that it can remember.

I tried "forcing" the EV+ location using your method, but nothing changed in terms of indicators on the dash.  

#20 OFFLINE   Edsel

Edsel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 253 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Hybrid SEL 303A

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

My bad, I missed your first post that stated you had enabled it.

If I remember correctly, you need to turn on the EV+ mode just like the Eco cruise mode.  Can't remember how to do it, but I just played with all the things in the menu until I found it.

I tried "forcing" the EV+ location using your method, but nothing changed in terms of indicators on the dash.  

Edited by Edsel, 02 April 2013 - 11:30 AM.

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: EV+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·