2015 Order Guide

Sadly this tells me that Ford doesn't care about the C-Max and I'd guess that it won't be around much longer :( the Fusion Hybrid has had many changes each year with many additional options available each year to respond to customer demand. Many of the requests made publicly on the forum have come to fruition. Sadly this doesn't seem to be happening with the C-Max :(

Sadly this tells me that Ford doesn't care about the C-Max and I'd guess that it won't be around much longer :( the Fusion Hybrid has had many changes each year with many additional options available each year to respond to customer demand. Many of the requests made publicly on the forum have come to fruition. Sadly this doesn't seem to be happening with the C-Max :(

I am not sure you can conclude the imminent demise of the C-Max from this.  The Fusion hybrid is a model of the Fusion which is Ford's entry in a whole different class of cars as well as being a hybrid.  So changes from the base model carry over to the hybrid.  The C-Max stands alone.  Not saying you are wrong but pointing out that the Fusion changes are for a much larger market.

Frankly, I'd rather have a well-sorted reliable C-MAX in the marketplace than have them add a dozen more powered widgets that sometimes don't work reliably.

Fusion is not built on the same platform as C-MAX, so it's not surprising that there are some different options. Compare the C-MAX to the Focus or the Escape instead of the Fusion, because those are the global 'C' platform relatives.

Focus:

10 speakers

Power movable moonroof 

a few different exterior colors

and several wheel and tire options - when there are already hundreds of choices available in the aftermarket

Escape: 
AWD
HID Headlights
Turbo
Dual Exhaust

Power movable moonroof 

a few different exterior colors

and several wheel and tire options

Fusion:

Turbo 

Dual exhaust 

Power movable moonroof 

Pacing cruise control 

Heated steering wheel 

Ventilated heated and cooled seats 

Power passenger seat

12 speakers

Larger rear spoiler 

Different exterior colors 

Several wheel and tire options

Most everything else is already standard in a C-MAX SE or SEL or available when configured with one of the Equipment Groups or option packages.

Fusion: http://www.cars.com/ford/fusion/2014/standard-equipment

Focus: http://www.cars.com/ford/focus/2014/standard-equipment

But while we're making wish lists for 2016, I'd love to have a street-legal Ken Block Signature Edition 700-combined-hp EcoBoost AWD C-MAX Hybrid that still gets 40mpg overall and could outrun a 662hp Shelby GT500! Yeah, I'd willingly give up some trunk space for a bigger battery. Talk about your entertaining "EcoBoost Challenge" videos!

Edited by kostby

If Ford thought the C-max wasn't doing well they wouldn't of bothered coming out with a 2015 model. The C-max is one of those misleading cars that looks small but when you get inside there's tons of room. Same thing as an Escape. The 2016 model will probably get a redesign and new options.

If Ford thought the C-max wasn't doing well they wouldn't of bothered coming out with a 2015 model. The C-max is one of those misleading cars that looks small but when you get inside there's tons of room. Same thing as an Escape. The 2016 model will probably get a redesign and new options.

That's the thing, Ford needs to get more people looking at them and sit in the seat to see what a great car it is.

My sales guy is one of the most honest sales guy's i've known. He will tell you straight up how it is. I said can you price out a titanium Focus? and he said it's not even worth it on a lease since there's no big incentives when it comes to leasing them but there seems to be a big rebate on an Escape titanium.

Ford should do more advertising on the C-max. They should encourage dealers to up sell the C-max if someone wants a Focus but thinks the Focus may be too small. I've watched numerous reviews and one review mentioned the C-max is a great mini van alternative. My wife was wanting a Focus and still does because of a cheap lease payment but when I showed her the difference in head room she was thinking C-max. I mentioned it should be a car we both can drive.

Edited by fordfan82

• 3 weeks later...

No it doesn't. Typically generation cycle is ~5 years, not the 2 to 3 that the vehicle has been out. The C-max, Focus, Escape, Kuga, and Transit are all on the same platform which is the "C" global platform. When the C platform gets updated then so will the C-max. I would guess around 2017 with a new generation of the hybrid powertrain.