Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

Intelligent Access Became Less Intelligent for 2015?

Intelligent access Proximity key fob

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   raadsel

raadsel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 530 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:23 PM

Didn't "Build 2" start in about August 2013?  That may be why yours is missing this function.  Mine built Jan 2013 has the rear door sensors.

I've been wondering when "Job 2" started. I saw it stated elsewhere, though not from an official source, that the 2013 C-Max was built until Dec 2013; I found this after it was suggested my build date, as shown on etis.ford.com, was after they stopped building the 2013s. With Adrian reporting his build date was Nov 2013, that would support 2013 production ending in December -- but the lack of sensors on the rear door handles suggests that it was a Job 2 build.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   fbov

fbov

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 1,315 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid

Posted 15 September 2015 - 12:23 PM

Sacre bleu----I got the year wrong.  Car was born in November, 2013.

I can assure you, as I sit here living and breathing, and having inspected the car in the bright September sunshine, that the driver's handle has a sensor, about 1/2" x 1/2", and the rear passenger door has none. 

Sorry, Adrian, the black thing is a locking sensor.

The front doors have a black locking sensor, and it's not what we're talking about. The black one allows me to lock the car after closing the door, as with a key.

Behind it (and on the back door) is a second sensor that unlocks the door. This one is not externally visible, but the door unlocks... intermittently, of course.

Frank

#43 OFFLINE   Adrian_L

Adrian_L

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 675 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • LocationVancouver, BC
  • Current Vehicle:2013 SEL

Posted 15 September 2015 - 02:53 PM

I stand corrected.  My rear doors won't open from the inside (child lock off) so that might be two things for the dealership to look at, when I get around to taking the car in for overdue recalls.

#44 OFFLINE   Redshift

Redshift

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 42 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationTacoma, WA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2015
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max

Posted 03 October 2015 - 02:33 PM

You grab the lock on the back door and it unlocks the hatch? I'm not sure what that means, did you mean the rear passenger door handle?

Did you mean that, or did you mean you can grab the hatch button with the FOB and the hatch opens, or did you mean you can unlock the rear doors by grabbing the handle?

The thread is about the rear passenger doors unlocking (or not) when the front door handles are grabbed.

Sorry. I misread the post. I was talking about the hatch, not the back doors. There are no sensors on the back doors so to unlock them you have to use the key fob or unlock a front door.

#45 OFFLINE   nsteblay

nsteblay

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 252 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max 2013

Posted 03 October 2015 - 04:58 PM

I have a 2013 SEL and I can open the locked rear hatch by touching the back hatch handle if my key fob is present.  It does not unlock all the doors.  I like the feature because I can lock the car when I exit and then open the hatch to get my back pack for work.  I would be surprised if Ford changed this but apparently they did.

• JAZ likes this

#46 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 842 posts
  • LocationLA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Energi

Posted 05 October 2015 - 06:15 PM

I have a 2013 SEL and I can open the locked rear hatch by touching the back hatch handle if my key fob is present.  It does not unlock all the doors.  I like the feature because I can lock the car when I exit and then open the hatch to get my back pack for work.  I would be surprised if Ford changed this but apparently they did.

Actually I find it useful that the back doors don't unlock. I often don't hear the doors lock when I press the button on the front handle. I can pull the rear handle to make sure the car is locked!

#47 OFFLINE   fbov

fbov

C-Max Hybrid Member

• 1,315 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:55 AM

... There are no sensors on the back doors so to unlock them you have to use the key fob or unlock a front door.

You don't see a sensor, so you've assumed there is none present. The unlock sensors are not visible on either front or rear doors. That's a locking sensor you see up front.

Actually I find it useful that the back doors don't unlock. I often don't hear the doors lock when I press the button on the front handle. I can pull the rear handle to make sure the car is locked!

When I do that, the car unlocks and the rear door opens.

Since I have an intermittent front door unlock sensor, I very often use the rear door to unlock the vehicle. It doesn't always work, evidence the rear sensor is also intermittent. TSB's been applied twice, third time, they "couldn't find the problem" despite a demonstration. If this were a reliable system...

Frank

#48 OFFLINE   raadsel

raadsel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 530 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:55 AM

You don't see a sensor, so you've assumed there is none present. The unlock sensors are not visible on either front or rear doors. That's a locking sensor you see up front.

When I do that, the car unlocks and the rear door opens.

Since I have an intermittent front door unlock sensor, I very often use the rear door to unlock the vehicle. It doesn't always work, evidence the rear sensor is also intermittent. TSB's been applied twice, third time, they "couldn't find the problem" despite a demonstration. If this were a reliable system...

Frank

This does appear to be a feature only on the 2013 C-Max, it appears the rear door sensors were removed starting with the 2014 C-Max. I do agree, though, they are nice to have. 

I drove a 2014 C-Max for a weekend and, like stevedebi, I made sure I had locked the car by using the rear door handles. Since I purchased my 2013, I merely make sure I can see the light on the center console that shows the doors are locked.

• C-MaxSea likes this

#49 OFFLINE   BIG ROCCO

BIG ROCCO

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 245 posts
  • LocationPHOENIX, AZ
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX

Posted 06 October 2015 - 07:13 PM

Our 2013 SEL rear door handles did seem to have the sensors, our 2015 identically equipped (even paint color) SEL does not appear to have the sensors... so I think that is a vote for: yes, LESS intelligent

#50 OFFLINE   C-MaxSea

C-MaxSea

C-Max Hybrid Member

• 970 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA USA
  • My C-MAX's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max SEL, 303A, Pano Sunroof, Born Aug 2012

Posted 07 October 2015 - 05:11 PM

This does appear to be a feature only on the 2013 C-Max, it appears the rear door sensors were removed starting with the 2014 C-Max. I do agree, though, they are nice to have. 

I drove a 2014 C-Max for a weekend and, like stevedebi, I made sure I had locked the car by using the rear door handles. Since I purchased my 2013, I merely make sure I can see the light on the center console that shows the doors are locked.

We always watch the light on the door mirror flash when locking (in case of noise interference) - no need for rechecking to see if it is locked.

:dance: :dance: :dance: so glad we got one of those magic 2013's with the any door unlock feature - we use the back doors a lot.

Nick

Edited by C-MaxSea, 07 October 2015 - 05:13 PM.

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Intelligent access, Proximity key, fob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·