Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

Window Not Rolling Up

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   HannahWCU

HannahWCU

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 363 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationHickory, NC
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford Focus Electric

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:25 AM

I had a problem with the drivers window not rolling up on my CMax a year or so ago.  It jumped the track on the forward portion of the window.  It did this while the window was rolled down.  Now I am having the same problem with the passenger side window.  I have fixed it twice myself (as the vehicle is out of warranty <3 years old but almost 60k on the odometer), but it is now completely off the track.  It is in the dealer today to see if they can fix it.  Last time (Drivers Door), it took over 2 weeks to repair (never did get the paperwork for that repair).  This is VERY frustrating and I am guessing VERY expensive.  Seems to me that BOTH doors should not have this problem.  and since it happens with the windows down fully, I have got to think this is a manufacturing issue not something I have done.  I have not seen any other topics on this subject, anyone else have this problem?

UPDATE:  The problem is "a weld came loose" which is exactly what happened with the other window.  Estimated $175 to fix.  Not too bad, but a weld breaking???  Makes me wonder how well the rest of the car is built.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my CMax (sorry, it's HER CMax now, as I drive the Focus Electric), but in all my years of owning Fords, never had Welds come loose!!

Edited by HannahWCU, 26 June 2015 - 08:43 AM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   pipewriter

pipewriter

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 9 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationDenver
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Cmax SEL

Posted 27 July 2015 - 12:17 PM

I have exactly the same problem, but only on the driver's side. Ford is clueless; thank you for isolating the problem. This has been considered a warranty issue by my dealer so far, as the operator had nothing to do with it other than lowering the window for an extended period. If the windows cannot be safely lowered they shouldn't be on the car.

Stay tuned, Hannah

pipewriter

#3 OFFLINE   HannahWCU

HannahWCU

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 363 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationHickory, NC
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford Focus Electric

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:19 AM

Thanks!  I was beginning to think I was the only one with this problem.  Thought maybe it was something I did.  Personally, I think Ford should pay for the repair since it was a weld (welds only have a 3 year, 36,000 mile warranty???).  It is a WELD, shouldn't these last longer than the vehicle????

#4 OFFLINE   pipewriter

pipewriter

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 9 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationDenver
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Cmax SEL

Posted 22 August 2015 - 12:05 PM

I had the same problem. The cause was a broken weld inside the door. Ford fixed it twice, the second time replacing the entire door assembly. They honored my extended warranty and then paid the $100 deductible when I refused to pay for what is clearly a manufacturing defect. I would urge all owners to let the car sit for a few hours with the front seat windows down, as this is what made the problem apparent. And you are right to worry about the general construction quality of the rest of the car. Welds shouldn't simply break. That is a basic amperage setting, whether done by robotics or a human. Keep me posted.

#5 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 842 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationLA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Energi

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:59 AM

I had the same problem. The cause was a broken weld inside the door. Ford fixed it twice, the second time replacing the entire door assembly. They honored my extended warranty and then paid the $100 deductible when I refused to pay for what is clearly a manufacturing defect. I would urge all owners to let the car sit for a few hours with the front seat windows down, as this is what made the problem apparent. And you are right to worry about the general construction quality of the rest of the car. Welds shouldn't simply break. That is a basic amperage setting, whether done by robotics or a human. Keep me posted.

Just a note on welds. When I got my Energi, it developed a really annoying squeak in the right rear. After tearing the entire back apart, they found a broken weld on the battery shield. I'm not sure why this resulted in what sounded like plastic rubbing together.

Other than that the car has been fine.

#6 OFFLINE   Bdlubbers

Bdlubbers

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX

Posted 16 April 2016 - 11:23 AM

I brought it for this exact issue. Window just dropped when in down position. They found nothing and charged me 95.00 under my extended warranty. Three weeks later, it drops again. So I brought it back. And printed this forum, and handled to the service repair man. I wonder NOW what they will tell me. I hope they find the weld or whatever they couldn't find before. I am out of a car for a week at a time. This is ridiculous.

#7 OFFLINE   CARiD

CARiD

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationCranbury, NJ
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-Max

Posted 18 April 2016 - 07:56 AM

It's a very frustrating problem, IMO it should covered by a warranty.

#8 OFFLINE   scoreboardaj

scoreboardaj

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • LocationLA
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max

Posted 14 August 2018 - 04:13 PM

Has there been a solution to this problem.  My local mechanic that the molding inside the door was warped.  My window has come off it's bracket now twice in the past 2 weeks.  My mechanic fixed it for free the second time.  I don't want to put my window down now.  I've put it down slightly and I can feel some tension when I stop the window as if it's fallen off again.

• hyperactiveme likes this

#9 OFFLINE   hyperactiveme

hyperactiveme

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationHere
  • My C-MAX's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2016

Posted 14 August 2018 - 07:44 PM

Anyways the bracket in my 2016 is loose and rocks back and forth causing the channel/window to come out. Will try Rivet or jb weld if dealer won't warranty it. Very little room. Zoom in to the bottom of 2 welds for the issue. Wherever the window is rolled down it must flex out of that track. Then rolls up to about the sideview mirrors and bounced back down after hitting the molding.

Attached Files

Edited by hyperactiveme, 14 August 2018 - 07:53 PM.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·