Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Microphone

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Singoffpitch

Singoffpitch

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 36 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIndiana
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid

Posted 31 March 2016 - 11:14 AM

I'm having difficulty with my microphone picking up my voice. I can no longer use the hands-free phone option because no one can hear or understand me and when I use voice commands, it no longer understands what I say. The phone has never been very clear to people I call, but now it's unusable. I have never had issues with the voice commands until now. Has anyone else had issues with this? What was the fix? They couldn't find anything wrong when my car was in for service.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Bill-N

Bill-N

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 641 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationConnecticut
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 01 April 2016 - 09:13 AM

I'm having difficulty with my microphone picking up my voice. I can no longer use the hands-free phone option because no one can hear or understand me and when I use voice commands, it no longer understands what I say. The phone has never been very clear to people I call, but now it's unusable. I have never had issues with the voice commands until now. Has anyone else had issues with this? What was the fix? They couldn't find anything wrong when my car was in for service.

Are all voice commands affected?  Did you try "climate" or "radio" or "services"?

Recently, I found I was unable to make voice activated calls.  I finally deleted and reloaded the phone book and that "fixed" the problem.  Note that just forcing a phone book update wasn't sufficient.

#3 OFFLINE   Singoffpitch

Singoffpitch

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 36 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid

Posted 01 April 2016 - 09:23 AM

Are all voice commands affected?  Did you try "climate" or "radio" or "services"?

Recently, I found I was unable to make voice activated calls.  I finally deleted and reloaded the phone book and that "fixed" the problem.  Note that just forcing a phone book update wasn't sufficient.

All voice commands require repeating or clarifying from a list of choices. The main issue is that no one I call can hear or understand me anymore. They say it sounds garbled and far-away. I can't use the hands-free option if no one can understand me. I tried using someone else's phone (I have an iPhone and tried a friend's Android) to connect and the same thing happened, so I ruled out a phone issue. The dealership had a guy try it and they said they could understand him when he called. I don't know if it's because he was taller and had a deeper/louder voice... I'm short and soft-spoken, but it has always worked for me in the past.  

#4 OFFLINE   FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam

C-Max Hybrid Member

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 180 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationDearborn, MI
  • My C-MAX's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX

Posted 06 April 2016 - 09:12 AM

All voice commands require repeating or clarifying from a list of choices. The main issue is that no one I call can hear or understand me anymore. They say it sounds garbled and far-away. I can't use the hands-free option if no one can understand me. I tried using someone else's phone (I have an iPhone and tried a friend's Android) to connect and the same thing happened, so I ruled out a phone issue. The dealership had a guy try it and they said they could understand him when he called. I don't know if it's because he was taller and had a deeper/louder voice... I'm short and soft-spoken, but it has always worked for me in the past.  

Hi Singoffpitch,

I recommend trying a master reset: http://owner.ford.co...ter-reset.html 

Let me know if this works!

Shaay

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·