Low MPG on a few more reviews

C-MaxJaxon

Looks like text from one of those link-farm sites where people get paid a few cents per hundred words to blog about current stuff that'll get picked up in search engines and bring people to the site full of drivel.

The people who run those sites don't care what the text actually says, or if the sentences even make sense.

I see the link no longer works - LOL.

Nah, I think this author is sincerely trying to review cars. I found a cached review. it's not a link farm. 

I see by his profile that he's a student, and that the C-Max was a family rent car, so I don't think it's a stretch to assume he wasn't able to drive the car, even if might be a legal adult.. Some rental companies won't allow people under 25 to drive their cars. I'd like to think he might have felt differently about it had he had the opportunity to drive it. That doesn't excuse the factual errors, though.

He has taken down the review, but has a reply to the negative comments in his "Oops" page:

" I just noticed that a Ford C-Max forum disliked my Ford C-Max review and pointed out many mistakes. I would like to apologize for the inaccuracies, and i will edit the review. I was a bit upset seeing as how mean the people on the forum were about it. So sorry."

Well, some of the above remarks ARE a little mean, but hopefully they will help him become a better reviewer.  And he DID apologize, so let's cut him a little slack.  (It could be a growing experience for him).

If he had prefaced the review with "I did not drive this vehicle and here are my comments as a passenger" - that would have put a different light to it. To me, its not about his opinion on the vehicle, but don't pretend. He wrote some nice stuff on other vehicles so one can clearly assume he's driven it and he did not and shot up his own credibility.

Kid, if you're watching this thread - be upfront on whether you drove the vehicle or not and let your readers know. And yeah, check your facts as well. Jumping from gear to gear, ssssh.

Jus' sayin.

Let's move on.... enuf  :finger:  , lets get back to the mileage  :shift:

I swear this forum needs a "ninja" emoticon.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Cars.com posted a video review. The screen shows 36.9 and 36.7 MPG in different shots, with an outside temp of 28.

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2013/01/2013-ford-c-max-hybrid-video-1.html

But at least they disclosed the temperature. That's consistent with what I was getting driving to Mammoth in the cold so no quams there.

Kid, if you're watching this thread - be upfront on whether you drove the vehicle or not and let your readers know. And yeah, check your facts as well. Jumping from gear to gear, ssssh.

Jus' sayin.

He updated his review today and mentioned that he's 12.

I'm a writer, and the last thing I want to do is discourage a young aspiring writer. If you're reading this, best of luck. And kid, I'm gonna give you some advice that I was given years ago: When you publish something, bad reviews come with the territory. Take it with grace and good humor, and you'll go far.

He updated his review today and mentioned that he's 12.

I'm a writer, and the last thing I want to do is discourage a young aspiring writer. If you're reading this, best of luck. And kid, I'm gonna give you some advice that I was given years ago: When you publish something, bad reviews come with the territory. Take it with grace and good humor, and you'll go far.

Great advice JulieB. I've updated my post to remove my comments since they serve no purpose lingering there but left the car picture - it adds color to this thread  :) 

Now, lets go back to playing with real cars... :shift:

PS Kid, the changes look much better and give the reader some much need perspective of your review. 

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

I agree, the new review is much better because it takes the inaccuracies out and actually paints a better picture of a person's opinion.

Having incorrect information just made it all seem poorly executed.

Much better.

My advice: before you post, fact check, spell check, proof read, and fact check again. The Internet can be a brutal place and Google has a long memory...

New article:

http://skeetercarz2.blogspot.com/2013/01/2013-ford-c-max.html

Keep doing the reviews kid. Listen to criticism, ignore hate. You'll go far!

Edited by valkraider

The NY Times reviews the Hybrid and Energi. Several MPG figures quoted include 35.9, 50 and low 40s.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/27/automobiles/any-engine-you-like-but-only-if-its-a-hybrid.html?_r=0

Autobytel gets less than half the EPA's 47 MPG rating.  They say mileage was much better in a previous test last summer (page 7).

http://www.autobytel.com/ford/c-max-hybrid/2013/reviews/2013-ford-c-max-hybrid-road-test-and-review-115172/

Edited by C-MaxJaxon