Welcome to the Ford C-Max Hybrid Forum

C-MAX Hybrid Guide

• 11 months later...

Hi, Just brought my new c max sel hybrid home and it is do sweet. Very quiet on the road. Kind of noisy when you turn on the ignition. Not sure why yet. Will be waiting for someone else to join this forum.

We need some more impressions, PLEASE! Even just a single photo would be great :camera:

Hi, Just brought my new c max sel hybrid home and it is do sweet. Very quiet on the road. Kind of noisy when you turn on the ignition. Not sure why yet. Will be waiting for someone else to join this forum.

Welcome C-max'er. :)

What kind of mileage are you logging so far?

• 3 months later...

HI!  I bought my Ford C Max SEL about 6 weeks ago.  So far I am averaging 39.7 MPG.  I am not impressed!  I consider myself a very easy light footed driver who has been driving high mileage cars for most of my life so I know how to baby the gas peddle.  I am hoping that it will increase as the break-in period continues for the next 1500 miles.  I love the high quality fit and finish of the interior/exterior materials.  It is also very powerful for a four cylinder car, not to mention a hybrid!  I traded in a Honda Fit which routinely got 34 MPG and cost $17,500, or about $12,000 less then the C Max SEL but, the fit and finish was crap and it couldn't get out of it's own way!  The Honda was, however, bullet prof and very reliable.  I hope that Ford has finally got it right with the C Max in the reliability department!  I am willing to give them a try as this is the first Ford product that I have bought since 1972.   Oh well, only time will tell but, so far Ford has not impressed me with their mileage claims versus real life results!  I will admit, that so far I do love the car; it drives like a much bigger car and handles well.  Now if the mileage goes up a little, I'll be a happy camper! 

HI!  I bought my Ford C Max SEL about 6 weeks ago.  So far I am averaging 39.7 MPG.  I am not impressed!  I consider myself a very easy light footed driver who has been driving high mileage cars for most of my life so I know how to baby the gas peddle.  I am hoping that it will increase as the break-in period continues for the next 1500 miles.  I love the high quality fit and finish of the interior/exterior materials.  It is also very powerful for a four cylinder car, not to mention a hybrid!  I traded in a Honda Fit which routinely got 34 MPG and cost $17,500, or about $12,000 less then the C Max SEL but, the fit and finish was crap and it couldn't get out of it's own way!  The Honda was, however, bullet prof and very reliable.  I hope that Ford has finally got it right with the C Max in the reliability department!  I am willing to give them a try as this is the first Ford product that I have bought since 1972.   Oh well, only time will tell but, so far Ford has not impressed me with their mileage claims versus real life results!  I will admit, that so far I do love the car; it drives like a much bigger car and handles well.  Now if the mileage goes up a little, I'll be a happy camper! 

Welcome to the community!

We bought our C-Max SEL on Oct 17th.  It's mileage has been creeping up and at one time was bouncing around 39 mpg.  We don't have a lot of miles on it yet, but when it started getting cold and dark in the Northwest we saw the mileage dropping off to about 37 mpg and it is still dropping slowly.  I expect it will improve in the warmer months, but 47 mpg might not happen.  I am still impressed with how solid the car feels and the way it is put together, but not so much with the Manual explanations of the dashboard.  Even though Ford has some videos on-line they should provide a dvd that shows the various options.  The C-Max has more bells and whistles than I expected, maybe a few too many; we'll see how that works out. 

Regards; George