Enjoying my Tuxedo Black 2013 C-Max Hybrid!

thunderbird97

I purchased my new wheels on January 12th, and am thoroughly impressed with "Max".  I'm averaging around 36 MPG right now.  I've had a few instances of 40+ MPG and had one trip with 50.6 MPG.  I got the C-Max because I really liked the versatility and the room.  The high rated MPG is just an added bonus!  Am I getting the claimed 47 MPG right now?  No, and I never expected to get that ALL the time.  To all the people who are freaked out over getting less than 47 MPG, remember that it depends on the driver and the conditions.  I'm having to re-learn some driving habits and am getting better with each new day.  I'm curious and anxious to find out how Max will perform once he's thoroughly broken in and once the weather improves.  Winter is not kind to gas mileage in any vehicle, much less a hybrid!  Even if I don't see the rated mileage,  I'm still satisfied with my purchase and don't regret it one bit.  Just give it time...

Welcome to the forum...ssssshhh...according to CR, the 47 is not possible....sssshhhh.... ;) 

Hey, enjoy your new ride, DO NOT think about the mileage, its brand new and once you get over 3000 the warmer temps will be here and you'll be sweting cause you won't turn on the AC, lol.

Then....go to the Lounge and take the Poll if you will buy the CMax again with the MPG.

Did I sawy welcome....WELCOME  :rockon:

Another Tuxedo Black owner here! Ditto on the versatility and room. My personal preference would've been for a traditional drivetrain with a manual transmission, which is what I've driven for over 35 years. I test drove a C-Max while I was out looking at the Focus ST, and I was won over by the way it goes about it's business without extracting a huge penalty in drivability, responsiveness, comfort and flexibility. I don't feel like I'm having to compromise to get impressive fuel economy.

Welcome from Seattle TBird97.  I agree with you wamba, the metallic element in these colors is excellent and adds a lot.  My 'first day' today with our S. Gray in a little more light - wow, what pop in that color - perfect.  I think Ford hit on a small group of colors well.

Nick

Another Tuxedo Black owner here! Ditto on the versatility and room. My personal preference would've been for a traditional drivetrain with a manual transmission, which is what I've driven for over 35 years. I test drove a C-Max while I was out looking at the Focus ST, and I was won over by the way it goes about it's business without extracting a huge penalty in drivability, responsiveness, comfort and flexibility. I don't feel like I'm having to compromise to get impressive fuel economy.

Me too! I am not a hybrid guy, I went in expecting to come home in an ST, but wasn't stoked on its cramped interior and harsh ride. I drove the C-Max and was so impressed with the refinement, spaciousness and responsiveness that I ordered one up in Tuxedo Black. The car is just a pleasure in every way: precise steering, fold-flat seats, silence at stoplights, the addictive faint jet whine of EV mode, flawless 2-zone automatic climate control, surprising scoot on demand and the fuel economy of a featherweight subcompact in a substantial little van with the driving dynamics of a premium European compact. And MyFord may be kludgy, but I like its Bluetooth connectivity, Applink, and voice commands. The car has been dandy for errands and long road trips alike. My biggest complaint is the turning circle: how can something a foot shorter than a Focus sedan have the turning circle of the Queen Mary? I literally have to back up and re-approach corners in the parking lot at my work... 

Edited by HotPotato

HotPotatoe, 

I drove the C-Max and was so impressed with the refinement, spaciousness and responsiveness that I ordered one up in Tuxedo Black. The car is just a pleasure in every way: precise steering, fold-flat seats, silence at stoplights, the addictive faint jet whine of EV mode, flawless 2-zone automatic climate control, surprising scoot on demand and the fuel economy of a featherweight subcompact in a substantial little van with the driving dynamics of a premium European compact. And MyFord may be kludgy, but I like its Bluetooth connectivity, Applink, and voice commands. The car has been dandy for errands and long road trips alike. My biggest complaint is the turning circle: how can something a foot shorter than a Focus sedan have the turning circle of the Queen Mary? I literally have to back up and re-approach corners in the parking lot at my work... 

Thats the best concise description I've seen yet - well done!

Nick

My second black car. The Tuxedo Black really looks nice in the sun. I think the embedded chips are some kind of mica rather than metallic, makes for some great color effects.

Like my last car, I'm only hand washing and using Blitz carnauba wax. Auto car washes and some cheaper waxes can leave nasty abrasions that show up badly on black paint.