Why Does My Radio Turn On When I Start My Car?

Degrandbob

It doesn't happen all the time, however, when my audio is off and I start my car after its been parked for an hour or so....the radio turns on when I start my ignition! I have a 2017 Cmax Hybrid! I noticed it never turns on by itself if the car has been parked more than a day...but only seems to have the problem when idle for a few minutes up to a few hours!

Make sure your Sync system is up to date. Little things like this are commonly sorted out in newer updates especially with Sync 3. That said from what I've seen elsewhere, this may not be an unusual occurrence and just an inconvenient bug. Probably just Sync forgetting what the last audio/media state was. This behavior in particular shouldn't be related to the radio freeze/12v battery drain issue many see in earlier model years.

My 2017 SE will have the radio on when I restart the car when I had it on when I stopped the car.  It seems to assume that since I had the radio on when I stopped I wanted it on when I restarted it. 

I thought it was just a 'convenience' thing on the part of Ford.  I remember now to hit the power button on the dash before I turn it off so it doesn't surprise me or, more importantly, my wife when the car is restarted.