600+Mile CMax Club

Jus-A-CMax

oh ok yes it will help your range on the next tank but hurt your current mpg numbers if you use the gallons at the pump method, which you should.

I don't think this "hurt" is bad at all...what are we looking at overall? I did a 2 x 800+ tanks and I went up a WHOOPIE-DOO 0.3....

frbill is KILLING ME on the Fuelly average. Its all in the context.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Left the house yesterday with a 50MPG avg for the latest tank of gas.  Got back from Cleveland with a 46.6MPG avg for the tank (damned OH Turnpike!!), and rolled into the local gas station as the "miles to empty" screen rolled to 0 miles left!  I hit 574.4 miles, but apparently I didn't top off the tank as I only used 12.33 gallons.  I made sure when I filled up last night, that I put 13.25 gallons in the tank.  No trip to Cleveland next week, so I should be able to hit 600+ miles on this tank!  

The best part out of that last tank - I hit two trips (about 10 miles each) with over 75MPG!!  That was awesome, and I took photos so I could text them to my Prii loving friends!

Wait a sec. You guys are topping off the tank a little when low on gas, to extend range, without using more than the 13.5 tank capacity?

No....we top off at when we fuel up/gas up THE WHOLE tank.

Rules says it has to be done with 1 tank. Anyone who tops off is non-legit. AFAIK, no one should have or have been topping off.

Left the house yesterday with a 50MPG avg for the latest tank of gas.  Got back from Cleveland with a 46.6MPG avg for the tank (damned OH Turnpike!!), and rolled into the local gas station as the "miles to empty" screen rolled to 0 miles left!  I hit 574.4 miles, but apparently I didn't top off the tank as I only used 12.33 gallons.  I made sure when I filled up last night, that I put 13.25 gallons in the tank.  No trip to Cleveland next week, so I should be able to hit 600+ miles on this tank!  

The best part out of that last tank - I hit two trips (about 10 miles each) with over 75MPG!!  That was awesome, and I took photos so I could text them to my Prii loving friends!

Hee...go to my Journey thread and text your :airquote: acceleration-by-concesus aka Prii buddies the picture of my 833.8 tank....that should blow them away about the max range of a CMax done with real work driving and not some hypermiling stunt ;)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Jus -

Your driving tips thread helped immensely.  

I feel like I'm really getting the hang of driving the C-max now.  I'm getting to the point of recognizing by hearing what's going with the car, instead of having to watch the gauges like a hawk.  I'm pretty good at knowing where 2 bars ICE is just by sound.  And getting pretty good at knowing how hard I can accelerate off the line to keep it in EV until I reach 15 - 20 MPH.

My avg MPG hit 45MPG (higher than the new EPA mixed driving rating) this morning while out driving from meeting to meeting in Metro Detroit - and that included three stints of highway driving - and a quick trip past the Ford Michigan Assembly Plant where our C-maxes are assembled. (I had a meeting in the Ford assembly plant next door this morning - Ford Wayne Assembly - where they build the Fiestas.  The Company I work for is a fastener supplier to Ford, I had to go look at some issues they're having with assembling Fiesta tail lights.)

My latest entry and new personal best miles per tank.  I technically had a better MPG tank before this one, according to Fuelly, but I am still happy with it.  I was gunning for 660 miles, and probably would have made it, but my wife was having a panic attack and I needed to rush home to grab her a pill.  Not wanting to risk it, I filled up when I could.

I am not sure how I will ever eek out 700, let alone 800.  My trips are far too short and I simply avoid driving as much as possible these days. With my STI, I drove EVERYWHERE all the time, sometimes taking drives in the country for no other reason than to blast some deep country back roads for the thrill of G-forces.

Anywho:

8n7c.jpg

What is the absolute MAX gallons that I can burn before running out of gas?  So close to 700...

I have put in almost 14gal when I ran out of gas. The smart gauge said 12.98gal.  I will probably find out again in the next couple of days trying to reach 700mi.  I have gone more than 20mi. past empty.

Paul

What a night, you're in 2 fordcmaxhybridforum.com clubs - the highest MPG and the 600+ Mile CMax club, well done. Lets see you in the 700 and dare I dream....800 Club ;)

haha Thank you!

The 700 might be possible but I don't think the 800 is possible unless you have the plug in. I could do it if I had 200 miles of downhill ;)

Hey Jus, don't forget to update my new PB ;)

Sorry mate...its now done! Well, you certainly are in the bad, bad, bad, bad books....so don't let Consumer Report get a hold of your CMax, it's not possible to have such high MPGs. What, you're making them out to be liars....or their testing done by kindergarden kids ;)

PS is this a ploy to stop just before SnowStorm on the Honor Roll....you guys got like 0.1 mile between the 2 of you.