Increase in C-Max commercials

Fits2at

Its about the same here in SoCal, no increase nor decrease and its the exact same commercial with the sketch guy. No new commercial afaik.

Looks like Ford marketing are not going to lie down with the mileage controversy. Plus, it would be spring soon - just right when engines break in (assuming they buy them now), warmer temperatures,  so owners are going to start edging closer to the MPG mark, if not break it. My tank is at 46.5 right now with about 130miles on it and its 4900 on the odo.

I don't see any special-special deals and prices are consistent from what I have seen around here.

Is anyone seeing C-Max commercials during network shows, not just MSNBC or HGTV?

If so, are they the Ford line-drawing ad, some new Ford-produced ad, or a local dealership?

Just curious.

I hadn't seen a single one till I watched about 2 hours of MSNBC just to spot one, and it was the line-drawing, which is several months old by now.

These were not from a local dealership.  Cute little commercial with a sketch guy in it.  I honestly don't remember what station we were on.  We hardly ever watch local channels so my guess is that it was a satellite channel.  I'm sure with the negative mpg reports out there that they are going to have to push a little harder and increase the marketing.

My hairdresser has not even heard of a CMax let alone the commercial...and she was looking at the Kia SOLs (?) and some other Buick. I showed her Max and she liked it I said it got mid 40s MPG to the gallon (its 46.2 right now on this tank) so she impressed. And I let her sit in the car which she really liked the easy in and out.

Also, met another guy at the job in Oxnard who hadn't heard about the CMax either. So the Ford messaging is not *quite* getting out there but this guy was a diesel guy...he luved that diesel and would have bought Max is it had a diesel in it (which they do in Europe). That one trip I had 54.2MPG over 50.2 miles and coming back was 39.6MPG with an average of 46.9  :happy feet: and it was mid 40s cold in the evening as well.

Heard a C-Max ad on the radio -- first ad I have ever seen or heard for the car -- on the local "modern rock" station in my California central-coast town. The ad consisted of a  "real life owner" talking about how driving the car makes her feel smart, and how she likes showing off the gee-whiz features.

I think Ford may want to change the name on this car -- you have to see the name written out in order to understand it, which you can't do in a radio ad or when telling someone about your car.

The trick is simply to get someone into the car, and then it kinda sells itself. Last week I gave my boss a ride home in my C-Max for several days while his BMW X3 was in the shop, and he liked my C-Max so much that this weekend he bought an identical one! The X3 is now for sale...

I don't get it with the CMax commercial - Ford does a great "real person" ad with the Ford Focus with that cute girl and a similar one with that young couple for the Ford Edge....you would think they would do one for the CMax with a real person. Oh noes.... :runaway: 

PS They should hire the same ad company for Geico to do their ads, that green lizard is the funniest  :hysterical: &  :rockon:

During the TNT coverage of the Laker v Celtic game tonight I counted at least 4 C-Max ads and I stopped paying as much attention during the 3rd quarter.  I feel like the southern CA area is getting a lot more, as the lots are now full of C-Max's (sorry to those that are waiting months for ones they ordered.)

During the TNT coverage of the Laker v Celtic game tonight I counted at least 4 C-Max ads and I stopped paying as much attention during the 3rd quarter.  I feel like the southern CA area is getting a lot more, as the lots are now full of C-Max's (sorry to those that are waiting months for ones they ordered.)

The lots may be full but I do not see hardly any CMaxs in my daily travels. I counted 1 at Oxnard yesterday and 1 as I drove along the 101 to Westlake Village but the guy had a Nevada plate (ruby red). Compare this to every 10th car here in LA is a Prius....aha...nothing like fanging past a V though going up the hill (forget about MPGs there  ;) )

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Jus-A-CMax" data-cid="8706" data-time="1360295854"><p>

I don't get it with the CMax commercial - Ford does a great "real person" ad with the Ford Focus with that cute girl and a similar one with that young couple for the Ford Edge....you would think they would do one for the CMax with a real person. Oh noes.... :runaway:<br />

<br />

<br />

<span style='font-size: 14px;'>PS They should hire the same ad company for Geico to do their ads, that green lizard is the funniest :hysterical: & :rockon:</span></p></blockquote>

I suggest Ford shows pieces of the "Hybrid Wars" videos that are on the Ford website C-Max page.  They are well done, with familiar actors and contrast the C-Max with the Prius.  In a 60 second or 30 second commercial, they could get enough message out to get people to go look at the site.

I like the cartoon sketch guy commercial, but think it depends too much on the auto-liftgate. Ass soon as another manufacturer releases that, there goes your differential.

Last, I hope Ford has enough productioncapacity so that if they create demand, it can get filled or dealers can get vehicles in reasonable times.