Last production run for California was Dec. 19th?

dalebunker

Okay, I can be accused of a bit of an OCD Syndrom :-)

I've been watching inventories across some of the NCAL and SCAL dealers. Specifically the Hybrid SEL with 303A Package.

The only cars with build date after December 19th are dealer ordered cars.

I'm wondering if Ford is holding a production run until a next revision, or for the 2014 models? Just curious if anyone has any insight into Fords production runs / schedules....(again this is a California perspective)

In short, the Hybrid SEL inventories are dwindling....when are the inventories going to be refreshed?

P.S. I couldn't attach the spreadsheet....

Edited by dalebunker

I'm going to be buying in the next 4 to 6 weeks, & the SEL with the 303A Package is the specific config I'm interested in. I'm hoping to get a current build date so it looks if I want a build newer than Dec 19, I need to order one.. Unless new shipments start arriving...

Edited by dalebunker

...if I want a build newer than Dec 19, I need to order one..

I hope the NorCal dealers have a different perspective than the San Diego dealers.  We've bought Fords from 4 of them, and visited 2 others when we were shopping, and not ONE of them offered to let us order a car, they always want us to buy off the lot.  I understand that attitude, but the 2 we didn't buy from lost a sale they could've had if they'd have let us order.  Both times it was, "we'll let you know when <xyz configuration> comes in."   We bought the C-Max from a slightly out of the way dealer because they had the exact model we wanted in stock.

Good luck with your hunt.

• 3 months later...

my wife an i also want an SEL 303a option package and dont want old stock with all the bugs/issues from initial builds before the fixes started.

i too am in so. cal. so please keep me informed

i heard the 2014 guide came out. where can i find it to see the differences?

my wife an i also want an SEL 303a option package and dont want old stock with all the bugs/issues from initial builds before the fixes started.

i too am in so. cal. so please keep me informed

i heard the 2014 guide came out. where can i find it to see the differences?

I saw it at fordinsidenews.com.

http://www.fordinsidenews.com/forums/showthread.php?9291-OrderGuides-F-L-2014my/page4&p=77882

Okay, I can be accused of a bit of an OCD Syndrom :-)

I've been watching inventories across some of the NCAL and SCAL dealers. Specifically the Hybrid SEL with 303A Package.

The only cars with build date after December 19th are dealer ordered cars.

I'm wondering if Ford is holding a production run until a next revision, or for the 2014 models? Just curious if anyone has any insight into Fords production runs / schedules....(again this is a California perspective)

In short, the Hybrid SEL inventories are dwindling....when are the inventories going to be refreshed?

P.S. I couldn't attach the spreadsheet....

Well CMax are not in short supply at my dealer where I bought my car in San Jose.  Last time I checked (they had over a dozen in stock, mostly Energi models).  Sales were brisk at first when I bought mine in September, but after the news over lawsuits things dropped off.

got it but sadly there are no changes for 2014. hmmm all cars usually have something new/better for the 2nd model year. i wonder what the price difference will be and if they adjust the mpg numbers any.

"and if they adjust the mpg numbers any."

They can't change the EPA mandated 47/47/47.

When the Prius came out the EPA had to fix their flawed method for establishing MPG.

EVERY car sold in the US got a new EPA MPG.

I bet they're scrambling to get their AGAIN FLAWED method fixed!

Wonder what genius thought 62 MPH was even close to real world highway speed?

got it but sadly there are no changes for 2014. hmmm all cars usually have something new/better for the 2nd model year. i wonder what the price difference will be and if they adjust the mpg numbers any.

There may not be different options (although someone did mention a change to the remote start options) but there could be tweaks to the software and other things in the car.

I'm going to be buying in the next 4 to 6 weeks, & the SEL with the 303A Package is the specific config I'm interested in. I'm hoping to get a current build date so it looks if I want a build newer than Dec 19, I need to order one.. Unless new shipments start arriving...

Dalebunker, if anyone in norcal still has an SEL with 303a package, it would be my dealer in Santa Clara.  Frontier Ford has the largest selection of CMax in stock of anywhere I've seen at least as of last week.  If you call inventory manager Dan Duran 408-557-6236 and tell him Mike Bridges gave you his number, he will assist you anyway he can.  He is very helpful and a great guy.  He went out of his way to find me one of the black plastic thingys which goes into the center console to separate the cupholders.  My SEL with 302a didn't come with one.  Good Luck to you.

Edited by mtb9153

I predict a rather shorter MY 2014 production run with a completely new or "refreshed" MY 2015 C-MAX being launched by late Spring of 2014.  Considering they made Zero changes for the 2014 Model.  The 2013 MY C-MAX sits on an aging European 2010 Platform.

Edited by Phil1336

I predict a rather shorter MY 2014 production run with a completely new or "refreshed" MY 2015 C-MAX being launched by late Spring of 2014.  Considering they made Zero changes for the 2014 Model.  The 2013 MY C-MAX sits on an aging European 2010 Platform.

May be old, but dang, its a great lil platform. Personally, I have no regrets, one can wait till the next best thing forever and ever. Reminds me of the CPUs, oh...theres a better one with dual core...oh theres a better one with quad core....oh theres a better one with 20,000 cores....lol.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax