Park assist and front/rear proximity sensors stopped working after service, but rear cross-traffic sensors still OK.

Calif

I have a 2018 CMax Hybird Titanium.
After picking it up from a regular service (oil change / tire rotation), I noticed the front/rear proximity sensors stopped working (i.e. not beeping anymore when getting close to an obstacle).
Also the Park Assist function (that I never used) now automatically turns off when I start the car.
However, the rear cross-traffic sensors are still OK (i.e. still beeping if a car comes from the left or right when I'm in reverse).
The Fors dealer where it was serviced says it cannot be related to the regular service they just performed, and that it's probably the "module" that needs to be replaced (~$1000!), but they want to charge me $169 just to check it first. (of course, that car is 4-years old, and out of warranty for the safety/tech features, apparently).
Is there anything else I can check before going that route?
Any suggestion?
Thanks!

Whenever you start to experience weird electronic issues (remote stops working, some electronic features seem disabled, etc.) it can be a sign that the battery is going.  I replace our (2 C-Maxs) at 5 years even if there haven't been issues.  Just not worth trying to 'stretch' battery life and ending up with a dead car in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

My dealer charged me $130 installed and it was a good deal. I mark the date of the new battery in my glove compartment book so I know and I put a reminder in our electronic calendar when replacement is due. 

On 6/21/2022 at 6:11 PM, jzchen said:

There is a button to turn on or off the feature that I would try pushing if you haven't yet?

Actually, that's what I meant by "Also the Park Assist function now automatically turns off when I start the car."
The button goes into Park Assit OFF mode when I start the car, and pressing it cannot turn it back ON.

It's hard for me to say because we haven't had our C-MAX since 2018.  And we didn't opt for that feature.  I would say that since the button seems to not function as expected I would start with trying to check/replace that.  (I'm guessing a lot less expensive than a module).

• 4 weeks later...

I need a few hints for my beloved 2017 Hybrid.  Have a bunch of misc problems.  More lately.  Helpful information would be very nice.

1.  Blind Spot Mirror (BLIS) - driver's side - since new.  I live with it as it is very accurate for nearby cars.  Problem also indicates for all trees and bushes on the other side of the road.

Service says they need to take it for 3 days and drive it around.  (I did present them with a video showing the occurance - they weren't interested)

2. Front Parking Aid - This spring the Front Parking Aid quit sounding and at the same time the Front Parking Aid Switch sensor light came on and is always lit.  This I would like fixed.

This switch is in the line of swtches below the climate control.  (btw, pg 168 owner's manual but it is right of the fuel door opening button).  

image.png.edc3e6bfd577ffca773fe75eccb823f5.png

3.  Deep sound beeping when we start the car....sometimes.  We can get it to stop by trying some of these.  Not all options work the same time or work at all.  We open and close windows, turn the car off and on, open the driver's door, open the passenger door.  This sounds like one of those problems that will never be able to be duplicated when in the shop.  (I could film another video.)  If anyone identifies what fuse or ? I could pull to stop this beep beep beep, would sure appreciate their sharing their knowledge.

4. Key 5-button fob - replaced battery doesn't send out a signal to the car (and yes, even turned the battery over to see if it worked better - nada)  Local dealer says 3 weeks until an opening and 3 days labor to get the key programmed or replaced.  And, in case this happens again, looks like I need another key made.  Would this be a MYKEY?

12V battery was replaced early February this year

On 7/25/2022 at 6:19 PM, WanderingSingers said:

2. Front Parking Aid - This spring the Front Parking Aid quit sounding and at the same time the Front Parking Aid Switch sensor light came on and is always lit.  This I would like fixed.

This switch is in the line of swtches below the climate control.  (btw, pg 168 owner's manual but it is right of the fuel door opening button).  

image.png.edc3e6bfd577ffca773fe75eccb823f5.png

12V battery was replaced early February this year

That's the same problem I have. (except for me, it's both the front and rear Parking Aid that quit sounding, but rear cross-traffic alerts still sound). Also, no problem with the BLIS here on either side.
The fact that you recently replaced your 12V battery and still have this problem seems to confirm a problem with the Park Aid "module", as I was told by the FORD dealership (I was hoping that replacing the battery could be an easy fix)

On 7/29/2022 at 2:49 AM, Calif said:

That's the same problem I have. (except for me, it's both the front and rear Parking Aid that quit sounding, but rear cross-traffic alerts still sound). Also, no problem with the BLIS here on either side.
The fact that you recently replaced your 12V battery and still have this problem seems to confirm a problem with the Park Aid "module", as I was told by the FORD dealership (I was hoping that replacing the battery could be an easy fix)

Thought that might be it.  Is that something Ford does or do forum members replace their own?