Sync 1.1 to Sync 2/3 Upgrade

On 7/17/2022 at 7:04 PM, homestead said:

2013 c-max's already come standard with Sync 2 the latest version is Gen2v310build16180 which can be self installed.

To get to Sync3 you need to upgrade the hardware & software.  Some on this forum have done this.

Depends. If it is the full 8" screen with Sync 2, it is a fairly easy process. There ARE C-Max models out there with the smaller 4" screens which Ford technically refers to as 'Sync v1'. Likely fleet models and I've seen more owners recently crop up with these. These require a bit of extra work to upgrade with new dash pieces and some harness adapters. I'm not 100% up on the details of this process, however.

That said, to the OP: If the guy offering you $200 knows the system you are starting from (especially if it is with the 4" screen) and knows what they're doing, that's a steal. Most DIY kits for the easier 8" MFT/Sync 2 to Sync 3 upgrade run around $400 minimum give or take and that's w/o factory nav. I paid about $750 for mine a year ago and got mine with factory nav included.

• 9 months later...