3.5.1......Anyone? Anyone?

When is the do-over scheduled?

Beats me.  He asked if I wanted to take it anyway and reschedule.  I said no way.  Fix it and don't call me unless someone who knows what they're doing actually verifies that the software was updated. 

I assume that since it's Friday, it won't get worked on until Monday at best.  I don't care, I have four other cars and two motorcycles.  I'll find something to drive that doesn't irritate me while they fiddle with the software.

Add me to the list.  Took car in for 3.5.1 and liftgate fix.  They called, I went to pick it up.  Guess what, no 3.5.1! 

Like the rest of you, I inquired as to why they didn't look at the screen to see if the fix actually taken place.  They said, "They don't tell us what is supposed to happen with the fix, so we don't know what to look for."

Why am I not surprised about any of this.  

Lift gate, by the way works with one kick now.

All this despite my warning the Tech guy in advance that the fix doesn't always work right.  Even sent him a bunch of posts from this forum as proof.

Picked it up today, Monday, and all is well. They reported, however, that it took a long time and several redos, ending up with long phonecon with FoMoCo and manual entry of some codes. 

Car definitely drives differently now with different brake response and different accelerator response.  Too soon to tell about gas mileage. Interesting that those things would change with a reprogram of the navigation and entertainment system!

Picked it up today, Monday, and all is well. They reported, however, that it took a long time and several redos, ending up with long phonecon with FoMoCo and manual entry of some codes. 

Car definitely drives differently now with different brake response and different accelerator response.  Too soon to tell about gas mileage. Interesting that those things would change with a reprogram of the navigation and entertainment system!

I'm glad things worked out!  Can you explain what you mean different brake and accelerator response?  Thanks.

Car definitely drives differently now with different brake response and different accelerator response.

Probably due to many systems/parameters getting reset.  Remember, almost everything about the car is computer controlled, even the brakes (ABS, regen, and all).

Can you explain what you mean different brake and accelerator response?  Thanks.

Not exactly, but it seems like the brakes are slightly more responsive and more linear.  Previously the pedal effort vs deceleration was somewhat nonlinear.  Not unmanageable, just slightly not right compared to most cars.  

Accelerator response seems more immediate and also more manageable.  Engine noise is also different, probably indicating a change in the programming of the CVT. 

The car seems easier to drive smoothly now, both in braking and acceleration. It's really too soon to tell, only drove it about eight miles so I'll know more later.

There is no doubt in my mind that significant Engine, transmission and electric motor control parameters were changed.  No way to quantify this or prove it, however.  

good to hear an owner confirm what we were all speculating that Ford did indeed tweak things  (over and above nav and synch) without letting everyone know exactly what they changed. how it leads to more fun and better mpg on your car.

a Ford employee recently so much as confirmed this fact to another forum poster here on another thread here.

"good to hear an owner confirm what we were all speculating that Ford did indeed tweak things  (over and above nav and synch) without letting everyone know exactly what they changed."

While chatting with the Service Manager I brought up our suspicions that other things were likely included in the update.  He said that this was not uncommon.  Most recently some significant changes were sneaked into some updates on diesel pickups.

Got my 3.51 update today. My car was at a dealer in Conroe for a week because the power steering died. They offered to do the update at the same time. Why not, I thought? They'd probably be waiting on parts.

The touchscreen is totally messed up. The displays are correct, but the touch areas are upside-down and backwards in relation to the screen. Press the "information" area and it brings up "entertainment." I don't think anyone even tested it. Sigh.

That also happened to me - but I noticed it at the dealer and they corrected it in about an hour.  Believe me, I let them have it in the survey...the fact that they didn't even check to see if things were working before they give it back to you.  And black grease all over the driver's seat where the seat controls are.  I was not happy.  But, everything working great now.   :love_shower:

How do they keep the C-Max on an external power source?  Battery charger??

I wonder if they kept mine on the battery charger...I know they kept the power on in the car for over 5 hours based on the data I saw when I got back in the car.  Ran my avg mpg for the trip from 45.6 down to 19.

Wish us luck!

Took ours today.

When I asked our service writer "how many 13A01's have you done, some is not the correct answer."

He smiled :) and said 20.

When I asked how many SEL's, he laughed  and said "you'll be the first :thumbsup: ."

I asked how many failed, he said 2.

He also said they use "a guy with a laptop" that travels between dealerships (can I mention AutoNation in Arlington, TX.??) doing upgrades

Wish us luck!

Took ours today.

When I asked our service writer "how many 13A01's have you done, some is not the correct answer."

He smiled :) and said 20.

When I asked how many SEL's, he laughed  and said "you'll be the first :thumbsup: ."

I asked how many failed, he said 2.

He also said they use "a guy with a laptop" that travels between dealerships (can I mention AutoNation in Arlington, TX.??) doing upgrades

It works! :hi5:

Took it in yesterday afternoon, needing 1st free oil change, left passenger weather strip repaired and 13A01 (3-5-1).

Picked it up this morning.

Temperature is on the center screen, geewhiz silhouette is a C-Max, radio presets are still working, I've repaired our phones

BUT

the "Dual zone AC only works once" still only works once.

Our service writer was hoping 3-5-1 would fix it...ooh weeelll.

I know a sometimes it works, workaround, but it hasn't worked yet.

wab

I had mine done last Monday and it was a bit of a rocky upgrade! My dealership had the same issues that a lot of you had with the wireless network connection, some module not updating, and the touch screen after the first attempt was not calibrated. I brought it in and they had it two full Saturdays. They gave me a rental after the second failed attempt, but had it upgraded late Monday morning. As far as how it is working, it resolved one problem, but made another worse. I cannot comment yet on its stability. It used to disconnect my USB devices every now and then, maybe once a month. This was annoying, but not too bad and I was able to live with it. The system would not recognize all of the music on my iPod. What it would not recognize would change. I tried every fix I could but nothing helped. It would play and recognize all music on an external hard drive or USB drive, but it would play the songs in the incorrect order (no...I did not have shuffle on!;;p)  ). Now it will play songs on external drives fine as long as I have Gracenote turned off. The iPod is the same with Gracenote on, but will not index with it off and the files and folders that show up on the display are all scrambled. This makes no sense! I really do not understand the Gracenote feature. I know what it is, but I always though you needed an internet connection for this to work. I have not tested the navigation, but I was having no issues with that, so hopefully it is OK.

I'll find out tomorrow about 3.5.1, unfortunately being that we got the 3rd C-Max off the lot & rarely seen any other C-Max in our region, I am kinda guessing that our's is gonna be the first install on the C-Max they have done. We originally took Neytiri in on July 3rd, to have both the 3.5.1 update & the liftgate update done, as well as regular maintenance.

The liftgate update was successful, however the 3.5.1 update was a dud, as apparently they did not have their computer systems updated to handle the operation(s) that needed to be done. Tomorrow will be round 2 of them doing the 3.5.1 update. Currently, we have no radio, navigation, working clock,or voice commands cause of the mess up.

When we talk to the SA, I'll make that recommendation about the computer having a hardwired internet connection to ensure the best results.

When we took the car in on July 3rd, we were given a loaner (2012 Ford Fusion SE), & they had Neytiri till the afternoon of July 5th. According to the SA, the mechanic worked on the 3.5.1 update for 12+ hours to no avail, partly due to the computer issues.

Took mine in Wednesday for oil change, tire rotation, and 3.5.1. Dropped it off at 9am. 11:30 service guy calls and says all set but couldn't do 3.5.1. Ford's computers were down. Took it back on Friday and waited because he said it would take an hour or so. 3 hours later it was 'done'. Pulled out of the service dept. and stopped to check new features. Nothing new that I could find. Pulled back in and asked service guy what's up. He poked around and couldn't see any change. Took it back in and ran some sort of diagnosis and it showed some part of the update was corrupt. Anyway, after nearly 5 hours, I drove off with 3.5.1, FINALLY.

Edited by Michigan Max

Well Michigan Max I am glad it worked out in the end, but it sure reaffirms my decision to wait until our second servicing in October to get the upgrades.  Not sure who they are going to practice on though since we are the only C-Max they have sold since we bought in November.LOL

The 2nd time was the charm this time, as the install went through without a hitch. The installation took about 2 and half hours.

The graphic on power distribution looks like a C-max, not a Focus. 

Found out that when setting up favorites, if you use a street address, you can then program in a name for that street address.

I did connect my iPad2 via USB on the way home & did not notice any issues.

Edited by mnrobitaille