It's Here!

Walked on the lot at 4pm and the car was ready. All the paperwork was done Monday, so we went right to the car and went through the dealer checklist, then I went through mine. After my rep walked away, I spent an hour in the car playing before I left the lot . So many thoughts, but the net is I'm super happy with the car. I've had a couple high end vehicles in recent past and I have never been more happy about a car purchase than this.

It had 15 miles on it. I reset everything before leaving, drove about 51 miles and my average is already 41, I couldn't be more pleased.

Just one issue :-(. I got home and waiting for my partner, I caught in the light 4 scratches above the driver door handle. Argh...called the dealer immediately and he said bring it in and they will take care of it. This is one of those things I will look at again and may decide to live with it since correcting it means some paint work, which I'm afraid may be a bigger hassle than its worth. So I will make that decision tomorrow

I'll post pics when I get to a computer.

Dale

You didn't mention what color you got as some are easier than others but light scratches are generally easy to polish out.  Now if they are completely through the clear coat/paint and down to the primer and/or bare metal, that's a completely different story but I don't think it would have passed pre-delivery.

You didn't mention what color you got as some are easier than others but light scratches are generally easy to polish out.  Now if they are completely through the clear coat/paint and down to the primer and/or bare metal, that's a completely different story but I don't think it would have passed pre-delivery.

It's Sterling Grey.  While they're not down to primer or metal, they're definitely through the clear coat as you can feel them on the surface.  To slight defense of the dealer, you can only see them when the light catches it right.  I went over the car pretty carefully in the bright sunlight, but didn't see them till later when the light changed.  Oh well. we'll see what they say and decide from there.

Otherwise the car is awesome so far!!!

Edited by dalebunker

• 2 weeks later...

Walked on the lot at 4pm and the car was ready. All the paperwork was done Monday, so we went right to the car and went through the dealer checklist, then I went through mine. After my rep walked away, I spent an hour in the car playing before I left the lot . So many thoughts, but the net is I'm super happy with the car. I've had a couple high end vehicles in recent past and I have never been more happy about a car purchase than this.

It had 15 miles on it. I reset everything before leaving, drove about 51 miles and my average is already 41, I couldn't be more pleased.

Just one issue :-(. I got home and waiting for my partner, I caught in the light 4 scratches above the driver door handle. Argh...called the dealer immediately and he said bring it in and they will take care of it. This is one of those things I will look at again and may decide to live with it since correcting it means some paint work, which I'm afraid may be a bigger hassle than its worth. So I will make that decision tomorrow

Dale

Welcome Dale your right up the east bay side of the bay from me, I'm in the south bay SillyCorn Valley to be precise.

• 3 weeks later...

Dale

I see your from alameda, I live in Oakland and was wondering where you purchased your max and what you thought of the dealer? Thanks

Hi Maxed, welcome to the forum!

I bought mine through the Ford Store in San Leamdro off Marina. I couldn't be more happy with the dealership and the experience. I was able to buy using X-Plan pricing and used both the public and the private rebates available at the time. The private rebate you get If you order a brochure from the Ford website and they send a hard copy in the mail. I dealt with Gordon in fleet sales who was over the top with professionalism and customer service. I ordered my Max on Feb 6th and took delivery on April 2nd. We did all the paperwork on April 1st (LOL) to take advantage of the public rebate that expired on the 1st. Because of x-plan and the rebates I felt I got an excellent deal without any haggling --which I do not do well at. I've also am working with Gary in the Service department who has exceeded my expectations for customer service; that story is another discussion, but the net is he has worked very hard to assure I am 100% happy.

Overall my experience with them has been one of the best I've encountered, with the huge caveat -when I was ready to buy-- I called made an appointment and worked directly with Gordon Reynolds their Commercial Account Manage in fleet sales and avoided the sales floor guys. I had already checked out and test drove the car and knew exactly what i wanted so when I called Gordon, I simply made the appointment to go in and place the order. He kept me fully informed and when the car arrived he had everything ready when I went in to do the paperwork and had the car ready when I picked it up a day later. My suggestion is if you still want to check out the car and test drive, just let the floor guys take care of you. But don't buy that day. When you make the decision to buy, call and make an appointment with Gordon. He will sell the car at a fixed price if you're a retail customer e.g the fleet sales price, in fleet sales they don't haggle/negotiate, it's a fixed price, but since I had X-Plan, even made it easier.

Sorry if the posted is a bit jumbled, I'm doing this on my iPhone...:-). If you have additional questions send me a private mail.

Best regards, Dale

Hi Maxed, welcome to the forum!

I bought mine through the Ford Store in San Leamdro off Marina. I couldn't be more happy with the dealership and the experience. I was able to buy using X-Plan pricing and used both the public and the private rebates available at the time. The private rebate you get If you order a brochure from the Ford website and they send a hard copy in the mail. I dealt with Gordon in fleet sales who was over the top with professionalism and customer service. I ordered my Max on Feb 6th and took delivery on April 2nd. We did all the paperwork on April 1st (LOL) to take advantage of the public rebate that expired on the 1st. Because of x-plan and the rebates I felt I got an excellent deal without any haggling --which I do not do well at. I've also am working with Gary in the Service department who has exceeded my expectations for customer service; that story is another discussion, but the net is he has worked very hard to assure I am 100% happy.

Overall my experience with them has been one of the best I've encountered, with the huge caveat -when I was ready to buy-- I called made an appointment and worked directly with Gordon Reynolds their Commercial Account Manage in fleet sales and avoided the sales floor guys. I had already checked out and test drove the car and knew exactly what i wanted so when I called Gordon, I simply made the appointment to go in and place the order. He kept me fully informed and when the car arrived he had everything ready when I went in to do the paperwork and had the car ready when I picked it up a day later. My suggestion is if you still want to check out the car and test drive, just let the floor guys take care of you. But don't buy that day. When you make the decision to buy, call and make an appointment with Gordon. He will sell the car at a fixed price if you're a retail customer e.g the fleet sales price, in fleet sales they don't haggle/negotiate, it's a fixed price, but since I had X-Plan, even made it easier.

Sorry if the posted is a bit jumbled, I'm doing this on my iPhone...:-). If you have additional questions send me a private mail.

Best regards, Dale

That's awesome! I'm glad you had a great experience. I'm going there to get work done on my current car. Hoping to test drive whole I'm there. It's funny you mention haggling. My dad is really into that. I on the other hand suck. So hopefully he will help me with that. My plan is to follow your lead. Test drive, rent then order if I like the test drive and rental. I'll definitely hit up Gordon when I'm ready.