audio turns on after ending a call and unable to turn if off

We have an C-max with the Sony audio system which has an on/off button (don't remember the package but it has the nav, rearview camera etc).

We had this issue now several times where we made a call via sync and after ending the call via the audio control on the steering wheel that the radio will start playing and that I can't turn if off via the on/off button. I have to stop the car, turn the car off and start it again before the radio will stop.

Anybody have an issue like this?

One explanation for the audio turning on could be that I tend to hit the end call button multiple times because sync is so darn slow before it ends the call but this shouldn't affect the operation of the on/off button of the audio on the dash.

I have had that happen at least twice.  After reading about all the dead batteries, I turn everything that I know how to turn off before I turn off the car. The last time it happened I had to go through 2 off on cycles and eventually put the car in reverse to activate the rear view camera to get the radio to turn off. It doesn't happen frequently. I'm paired with I-Phone 4.

The only time it has happened is with ending the call with the right paddle. I end the calls with the touch screen now.

• 3 weeks later...

This just happened to me, too.  I have a "plain vanilla" SEL, i.e., I have MFT but not navigation, purchased last September.

In my case, I received a call while driving.  As I had the phone in my hand (because one can't tell what time it is otherwise  :sad: ), I answered the call using the phone.  After I hung up, the radio came on!!  And wouldn't shut off using the push-button volume control.

But wait.  Told SYNC to turn off the radio and that worked.  Yet another bizarre MFT bug.  Is this fixed in the illusive 3.5.1 version?