Am I the only one that doesn't care about saving gas as much?

armoredsaint

Dude my company reimburses me for my gas usage and I am still trying to get the best MPG's out of my Max. so I think your the only man standing that does not care....:)   Just kidding as if you drive the Max like a normal car you'll still post better than 35 mpg which is still fantastic results. I am not trying to prop up the profits of BIG OIL anymore, hence the purchase of the C max and addition of solar panels on my roof.

This is my test tank. I am driving it like a normal car. I switched the screens so I cannot even see if it in EV. I will have to check again. Last I checked it was 41. But I recently took friends to dinner and they wanted to "test" the power. That kinda dropped my mpg but not by much. I think it's at 39 now. 40-41 driving like a reg car is just fine with me. I am saving more than in my Tahoe. My dad watches his like a hawk lol and I think he is at the same mpg as I am. Granted, I have way more miles. I think he is on his second tank, finally!

So, you are not alone in just driving. I will say that I am not heavy on the foot and tend to brake well and coast a lot. I am a natural hybrid driver :)

I just drive it like a normal car, I do tend to have a lead foot - saving gas isn't my first priority  ;)

1 or 2.   entry/exit/comfort

2 or 1.   4 down towing ability behind our motor home

3.          better than 25 mpg

These are the first 3 on our list when we bought the c-max.

4 $... this one didn't make the cut. they were selling Escapes for less but #1 was better in the max.

I chirped the tires :drool: a couple of nights ago and we're still showing a little over 40 combined mpg.

Take a look at your mpg, let us know?

I just drive it like a normal car, I do tend to have a lead foot - saving gas isn't my first priority  ;)

I tend to occasionally as well...  Look at my Fuelly stats and you will see some 35MPG tanks, those were "regular" car driving...or really bad weather.  Since my average MPG difference between "regular" car and "hybrid" driving is only around 15% that isn't a big deal.   But I do like to play around and see just how high I can get the MPG now and then...

I just drive it like a normal car, I do tend to have a lead foot - saving gas isn't my first priority ;)

IIRC your cmax is a company car. When I had a work vehicle and a company gas card, I didn't either! :)

I have kids so my "haulin' ass" all the time ended with them. I now enjoy driving for "max score". It's like a video game; a challenge but within the law.

Edited by C-MAXER

I care greatly about minimizing the use of fossil fuels, and in addition I find it fun to try to maximize the vehicle efficiency of any car I drive.  I used to be a road racing driver (SCCA) and still do competitive autocross events, so I get no thrill of speed on public roads nor do I care what other drivers are doing except when they are a danger to me.

IIRC your cmax is a company car. When I had a work vehicle and a company gas card, I didn't either! :)

I have kids so my "haulin' ass" all the time ended with them. I now enjoy driving for "max score". It's like a video game; a challenge but within the law.

good memory - it is true, but i do own a 2010 BMW and 2012 Jeep GC w/ Hemi 12 city and 19 highway that both suck gas like there's no tomorrow  ;)