50+mpg trips

C-MAXER

So there was a comment about how my 95.5 mpg trip didn't count because it wasn't a round trip, so take a look at the image below:

IMG 20130524 082308

There is about 300 miles of driving over 10 days in that average, so does that count as a 50+ mpg trip???  I could always drive for another couple weeks and take another picture if that is not sufficient. :)

Edited by SnitGTS

for those tracking fuelly mpg numbers i would suggest taking out the highest and lowest values and then calculate the average, mean and standard deviation of the remaining values. actually there are several suspicious values from cmax haters who maliciously post fake values (check their fuelly names for a good quick check of validity).

it might be a good practice to ignore any fuelly.com number for those with less than 4 or 5 tank fills as that would make sure they have some breakin miles as well.

This is another low qualifier but I'm pretty happy with it because:

A) it's another result from the entire morning leg of my daily commute and thus begins with a completely cold engine and

B) of particular note today was also in pretty stiff winds.  

I suffered through strong headwinds on the first half and began to lose hope as the AVG meter plummeted  but we were the beneficiaries of nice tailwinds during the second half with some really long glides.   Final score:

null_zps44b9d774.jpg

:happy feet:

The hybrid gods were smiling down on me today. Perfect conditions for this car. Dry,  calm , and 60's to 70's for temps. 

attachicon.gifIMG_0124.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0126.JPG

First picture is the drive to work. Second picture is the drive home. Had to drive around a little to get this!!!

attachicon.gifIMG_0130.JPG

My life is now complete.

Good Job, my platinum white isn't coming any where near those numbers.  I'm not even trying anymore, it is what it is.  My top mpg is 44.5, with my average at 40

Edited by mtb9153

Here's a test drive that returned to the same point.  As you can see, about 30 mph average speed, temperature around 80F.  Relatively flat (for around here) but some small hills and at least 200 ft elevation change.  The C-Max is amazing!

gallery_656_57_7290.jpg

DANG!! That's incredible! Way to go SnowStorm!!

150 miles from my previous picture & earned over a combined mileage of about 450 miles, here is another picture of a "50 mpg trip".

IMG 20130530 084733

This picture was my trip to work this morning, I had to drop my girlfriend off at her job too so there is a 10 mile "round trip" followed by a 13 mile trek to my job.

IMG 20130530 084741

Edited by SnitGTS

Doesn't mean much I know but still too much fun.  Trip home from work - started with high SOC and ended very low thanks to EV+.

gallery_656_57_14866.jpg

Washed the car and let it sit for several hours.  Pulled into the garage (slight uphill) and got this!

gallery_656_57_13091.jpg

Should have just let it sit out!

where do you see avg speed of 30 mph on that screen?

Here's a test drive that returned to the same point.  As you can see, about 30 mph average speed, temperature around 80F.  Relatively flat (for around here) but some small hills and at least 200 ft elevation change.  The C-Max is amazing!

gallery_656_57_7290.jpg

Edited by salsaguy

Less than a gallon difference between posts 139 and 140 but look at the differences in the levels on the respective fuel gauges.   :headscratch:

Plus...10,700 odd miles difference, 1 oil change and god knows how many hours behind my wheel vs yours. :rockon:

However, Matt will blow us both away ;)

Looks like the potential for an epic tank! :rockon:

Yeah, I hope so...unless my wife drags me out to Camarillo and kills ANOTHER TANK. Again.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

doesnt the clock start the time once the car is on but not necessarily driving?? which would mean numbers are off?? my car does this for total trip time in hours/mins but it includes accessory mode(car not on) time as well so I ignore the total trip time. I'm glad i do have an avg mph for trip 1 and trip 2 on my display so i can get it from there.

also most reporting here are using the display (which is known to be off by as much as, 3-4 mpg, to the higher values not lower) so unless folks post calculated mpg (at the end of the tank at fill up) does it really mean anything to post display pix here?

i know a few who do add the calculated values but most dont.

I wondered the same thing at first, then realized he's taking his 29 miles driven in 59 minutes = about 30 mph

Edited by salsaguy

You guys are gonna hate me...

8908549804_23dbb23731_z.jpg

Its gonna take a LONG time before I will be done with this tank. All surface street, zero highway at this timd...and its my NEW work travel now. Completely changed my terrain due to work.

Yeah but when you are done with it, I'll bet it will be a 700 tank!

No, that's not what I meant although those are very important points.  There's only .92 of a gallon and 13 miles difference between our trips yet my fuel gauge is nearly 1/4 of tank lower.  I'm now thinking the gauge's overall behavior is not traditional and based on a simple float type sensor in the tank.  Rather I'm now thinking the digital display will adjust the rate of descent of the scale based on MPG's just like DTE can change based on current FE.  

Plus...10,700 odd miles difference, 1 oil change and god knows how many hours behind my wheel vs yours. :rockon:

No, that's not what I meant although those are very important points.  There's only .92 of a gallon and 13 miles difference between our trips yet my fuel gauge is nearly 1/4 of tank lower.  I'm now thinking the gauge's overall behavior is not traditional and based on a simple float type sensor in the tank.  Rather I'm now thinking the digital display will adjust the rate of descent of the scale based on MPG's just like DTE can change based on current FE.  

No worries, thanks for the clarification. I think you are onto something as I recall seeing it go up and down (level) especially down the red zone where I have none and then I have 3 pixels and then none. I don't we have ever considered whether these gauges were digital or not. But...when the car is tilted up or down, the fuel level also differs as well...might be best to move this discussion to a new thread though...and drop a link here as a start reference point.

:)