Wish List! (what should Ford add to the C-Max)

pg13

I did not find this this topic, so I decided to start one. Number one on my interior wish list is a driver's side memory seat. The seat should be tied to the key fob so when I approach the c-max the seat and mirrors automatically adjust to my settings. 

This thought just lead to another. Since the C-Max sees me as a unique user (tied to my fob) it should adjust to each user recording their milage, selecting their phone from the list of available phones, remembering the last media played, etc. - In effect the C-max should support multiple user accounts!  :)

Not only would this be incredibly useful, but it fits in with Ford's philosophy of thinking of their new vehicles as technology platforms - and would really make the C-max stand out among the competition.

Your welcome Alan Mulally. The idea is all yours - free of charge!  ;)

Now lets make it happen.

1) Larger 12V battery

2) Nav System that actually works and is easy to use

3) Combined Fuel Economy 47mpg

4) My Ford Synch that is stable and doesn't randomly reboot just when you need it

5) Driver's side dash vent that can be oriented so that it doesn't blow cold air on driver's left hand

6) Six way power seat on passenger side

I'd like to have all of the dashboard displays and gauges visible when I'm wearing sunglasses on a bright sunny day. Between the excessive streaks of glare reflecting off of the nearby decorative bright trim and the small-yet-stylishly-faint text of some of the readouts (like outside temperature, for example), it makes me wonder if the sun ever shines at the Ford R&D center.

I'd like to have all of the dashboard displays and gauges visible when I'm wearing sunglasses on a bright sunny day. Between the excessive streaks of glare reflecting off of the nearby decorative bright trim and the small-yet-stylishly-faint text of some of the readouts (like outside temperature, for example), it makes me wonder if the sun ever shines at the Ford R&D center.

I can barely see the temperature and speed limit (on the right-hand nav screen) because the font is so small and I don't drive with reading glasses on.  :)

Me too! If they had only made  the readouts brighter it would have helped. I have no problem at night. I did have my windows tinted and it helped very much with the glare but the dim parts still takes too much effort to see.

I did not find this this topic, so I decided to start one. . . .

Great ideas posted in this thread. 

There is an earlier thread on this topic titled:

"Improve the CMax? Your thoughts..."

Started by Jus-A-CMax, Feb 01 2013 02:05 AM.

This thread was started in anticipation of the Irvine event and had 72 thoughtful replies.
Edited by DaveofDurham

For all the summary's I'd like to see average speed as well as average MPG, or possibly a average of the cruising, acceleration, and braking scores. May make it easier to compare results when we post the pictures on the forum :).

If you're gonna add that, Ford needs to change the timer to make more sense - timer should only run when car is moving by EV or ICE. Right now, that timer starts ticking as soon as you start the engine regardless of whether you are standing still or moving. You can sit in the car for 15 mins and not turn off the engine but the timer would add it to the clock on Trip 1 or 2...which leads to silly conclusions about your Avg speed. I know a certain poster tried to pull that crap on me using the time to derive an average speed even when I said, I don't switch off my engine while I wait for my client to arrive.

If you're gonna add that, Ford needs to change the timer to make more sense - timer should only run when car is moving by EV or ICE. Right now, that timer starts ticking as soon as you start the engine regardless of whether you are standing still or moving. You can sit in the car for 15 mins and not turn off the engine but the timer would add it to the clock on Trip 1 or 2...which leads to silly conclusions about your Avg speed. I know a certain poster tried to pull that crap on me using the time to derive an average speed even when I said, I don't switch off my engine while I wait for my client to arrive.

I agree, I see virtually no benefit in knowing the total time.  Since there is a GPS receiver in the C-Max, it would appear to be rather easy to keep track of moving time and then also compute stopped time and display both.  

I don't have the Navigation System in my C-max but I would think the system would keep track of moving and stopped time - my Garmin does. 

Several things, all related:

Default aux source to last one played. Which will never, ever be Line In, Ford, because this is not 1983 with us plugging our Walkmen in.

Faster USB indexing or index only when prompted, and default to accepting whatever the USB source is already doing (eg playing Spotify), because we want to plug in our smartphone and go, without 5 minutes if frustrating screwiness.

Siri integration over Sync, because Siri is a computer that learns to understand human commands instead of vice versa.

Menus that don't suck, or better yet physical controls, so we can do simple things like change our AUX source without having to resort to voice commands (which don't seem to work for the first couple minutes either, BTW).

Menu settings to let us change defaults like these.

The same right-hand IP display functions in the SE as in the SEL.

I suppose I could hard-wire in a high-quality AD converter from my phone dock to Line In, and hard-wire power from the 12V line to the dock, so I could just plug in and go. No Sync control over the phone that way, but Siri works over Bluetooth and does the same stuff. No secondary display that way, but phone mount is in view.