Take the C-Max 1,000 mile mpg challenge

DaveofDurham

What mpg can you maintain over 1,000 miles?  Here's my first try.  I know I can do better (curse you couple of lingering cold days in the past three weeks) and so can you.  Post your results.

1,001.4 miles,  544.0 EV miles, 21.95 gallons gas, 45.6mpg

[Disclosure - I started out trying to see if I could get a 600 mile tank.  I was not interested in running my tank down to near empty or in carrying extra gas in my car, so I filled up at a little over 500 miles but did not reset the trip odometer.  When I posted my result of 13.39 gallons for 614 miles (346.5 EV miles) at 45.8mpg on the 600 mile CMax Club thread, the Chief Empty Tank Line Judge (aka Jus-A-Cmax) threw down his penalty marker and gave me an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.  I argued that I deserved extra credit because with my fill-up a little past the 500 mile mark I drove the last 100 miles with an extra 60 pounds of fuel mass, but the replay judge (is that you Adair?) ignored my plea.  Lucky for me I didn't get a red card.  I was still in the game and just let the trip odometer keep going until it got to 1,000 miles.]