How well does your car handle the winter/rain driving season?

armoredsaint

Hi from SE Michigan!

Granted we didn't have as much snow this winter as in years past, but my C-MAX handled just fine in what we did have. I was leary with the first snow, after driving a Jeep for 10 years, but had no trouble with starts/stops/turns. Rain hasn't been a problem either, and we've had plenty of that!

I replied to the Potential C-Max Owner thread in this forum. I haven't had any issues with rain or winter driving. The car handles well but I'm a fairly conservative driver; don't zoom around corners, observe the speed limit, slow down when raining or snowing, etc. I've also driven a Jeep Wrangler, 12 years for me, and was nervous about how the C-Max would do. I have to say I'm impressed with it.

C-MAX handles rain just fine in Seattle. Although during the last rainstorm (actually had to put wipers on high for a change) the car had some hydroplaning at freeway speeds that I didnt have in my last car. Also accelerating too fast at lights when it was raining at a decent pace caused the car to lose grip and spin the front wheels. I blame the tires though.

I should try drifting the C-MAX at a track for funsies sometime...

I put  snow tires all the way around our car because our garage is behind the house and it is a 6' climb up to street level.  Snow tires made a huge difference in the way the car drove compared to the stock tires.  I bought my tires mounted on 16" rims to save some money over the stock 17" size.

With a dedicated set of winter tires, just about any car will be able to handle winter well.  You'd only run into problems the roads aren't plowed and the depth of the snow is ridiculous.

With the stock Michelins I haven't had any problems with the spring rain we've been experiencing in Michigan and Ontario.