Sending Destinations To Navigation Using Mapquest

I used nav at first. Slow and cumbersome to get a address locked in. When i use voice it always has issues when the street address is off of a numbered road or highway. I'm back to using Google maps on my phone. The ford nav is already out of date, missing new roads that Google already has.

I used nav at first. Slow and cumbersome to get a address locked in. When i use voice it always has issues when the street address is off of a numbered road or highway. I'm back to using Google maps on my phone. The ford nav is already out of date, missing new roads that Google already has.

Hi fazzman,

Please be sure to update our map provider, HERE, when you come across missing roads or POIs. Here's the link:

http://mapreporter.navteq.com/

You can also use the SYNC Destinations app if you have a subscription to SYNC Services and your phone is compatible with the app. Here's more information:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/destinations-app-sync-myford-touch

Let me know if you have any questions.

Rebecca

• 1 year later...

It looks like classic mapquest will no longer be available starting in July 2016, and thus you can't send directions to your sync navigation system from Mapquest any longer.as you must access the classic website not their new Mapquest website.  I liked this feature and I wish Ford would work with Mapquest to enable it on their new website.

This "error message" now shows up as of June 2016:

Beginning July 2016, this version of MapQuest will no longer be available. While we will no longer be offering Send to Car, you can send directions directly from the new MapQuest.com to any mobile phone, directly from the web page. Or, download one of our mobile apps directly on your mobile device. Questions? Please see our FAQs.

Edited by JohnTrigger