Is kWh readout on range test affected by cold weather? (C-Max Energi)

human_person

Hi there, I recently bought a used 2013 Energi, with 76 500 miles on it. I just did a range test on EV, driving on full battery to when the engine kicks in, minimal/no HVAC etc running. The trip was 13 miles; I got 11.5 EV miles, 3.8 regen miles, and it listed 3.4 kWh.

Question 1 - is the kWh readout affected by temperature? I know the EV range will be, but wasn't sure about the battery kWh readout. It was cold out, about 32-41 F out.

Question 2 - Did I just buy a lemon? Wondering if the battery is going to cause problems further down the line, or will it just continue to degrade and I'll lose some range? I will mostly be driving it on EV mode as I make short trips. Right now it works for my purposes, I get to where I want to go in EV mode, but wondering how long I might have this car before things really go wrong, with battery or anything else.

Been reading all through the other posts about this, and got some good info, but it's a lot to take in, so thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by human_person