Ordered My C-MAX!

That's good news!!

I stopped at dealer on way home from work. No change. Still at factory, still eta of TBD. I told them about you. How I ordered a week before you. That yours was built a week before mine. And that hopefully mine will be shipped a week after yours. He said he has seen the TBD date get held up for a month or two, even longer. I told him I don't think it will be though. Ford has seen a 400% increase in hybrid sales this year, and had a 1.2 billion dollar quarter. They just be busy! :spend: He just smiled.

He also told me that they will have the bug shield, window vent visors, and windows tinted. :thumbsup:

Edited by slampro

That's it, I'm done.

Car is still sitting at Ramp 5M at the CSX yard in New Boston, MI.  It's been there since July 25.  The system laughingly shows my ETA as August 3.  There's no way the car makes it from that rail yard, to the train, to a truck, and to the dealer by August 3.

My $750 brochure rebate expires on August 3.  My dealer suggested I go in August 3 whether the car is there or not and sign all the paperwork...I don't think so!  I am not committing to buying a vehicle I haven't even seen.

So, the dealer will owe me $750 whenever the car is delivered, I don't care how, or I walk away.  Simple as that.

i've been flat-out lied to by my dealer so many times now, it's not even funny.  Just admit the ETA is pulled out of some computer's ass, and you really have no idea when it's going to arrive.  You didn't "expedite" anything -- if you did, it wouldn't be sitting in a rail yard for six days and counting.

I'm fed up.

That's it, I'm done.

Car is still sitting at Ramp 5M at the CSX yard in New Boston, MI.  It's been there since July 25.  The system laughingly shows my ETA as August 3.  There's no way the car makes it from that rail yard, to the train, to a truck, and to the dealer by August 3.

My $750 brochure rebate expires on August 3.  My dealer suggested I go in August 3 whether the car is there or not and sign all the paperwork...I don't think so!  I am not committing to buying a vehicle I haven't even seen.

So, the dealer will owe me $750 whenever the car is delivered, I don't care how, or I walk away.  Simple as that.

i've been flat-out lied to by my dealer so many times now, it's not even funny.  Just admit the ETA is pulled out of some computer's ass, and you really have no idea when it's going to arrive.  You didn't "expedite" anything -- if you did, it wouldn't be sitting in a rail yard for six days and counting.

I'm fed up.

I would bet the dealer honors the $750.

My car is still sitting at the plant. At least I can say that my dealer basically did tell me that once it went TBD.   

My from what I recall, my dealer told me that they would honor whatever the deal was from the time that the order was placed, even if over.  (I put a deposit down at time of placing the order.) I also  think that I recall other people on this Forum saying that they were told that they would get whichever deal was better, either the one from the time that the C-MAX was ordered, or the deal going on at the time that the vehicle actually arrives.

Edited by ScubaDadMiami

... they would get whichever deal was better, either the one from the time that the C-MAX was ordered, or the deal going on at the time that the vehicle actually arrives.

This is true for public rebates, but MadManMoon was talking about the additional $750 "private cash" that came with the brochure. The expiration date is based on when the brochure was requested so everyone is different. I heard that as long as the dealer "attached" it to the order (whatever that means) before the expiration date you would get the rebate no matter when the car arrives. I don't know if this is true or not, but it's worth a shot. MadManMoon, did you give the numbers on that coupon to your dealer, and was it "attached" to your order?

According to Twitter, my new ETA is now 8/7. It's unfortunate that Twitter customer service reps don't have detailed access to status, because I really want to know if it's left New Boston yet. If it hasn't, then this new ETA is just as meaningless as all the previous ones. Howcan a car get stuck for so long in one spot?!

We special ordered last Fall and it took in total about 7 weeks.  I suspect that the delays are due to recalls of various issues and the cars are being pulled back in to upgrade them.  I doubt whether they would note this on the tracking as it would yield bad publicity.  If so that is a pain in the butt, but at least all the necessary upgrades will be done for your car.  It would not be seen as a good thing to deliver a new car and have it recalled a week later.

We special ordered last Fall and it took in total about 7 weeks.  I suspect that the delays are due to recalls of various issues and the cars are being pulled back in to upgrade them.  I doubt whether they would note this on the tracking as it would yield bad publicity.  If so that is a pain in the butt, but at least all the necessary upgrades will be done for your car.  It would not be seen as a good thing to deliver a new car and have it recalled a week later.

I could believe that's the case if my car were still sitting at Michigan Assembly Plant, but it's not!  On July 25 it was trucked about 10 miles south of MAP to a CSX railyard/auto loading facility in New Boston, MI where it's been sitting ever since.  At this point it appears to be plain old transportation inefficiency.

This is when I really regret not ordering through my dealer in Georgia.  When I flew down to pick up my wife's F-150 in 2011, the truck was still at the railyard in Atlanta, GA (two hours from the dealership).  He called the railyard and had the car released to me, so I drove it from the railyard to the dealership, with the white protective plastic still installed, and did the paperwork while they did PDI and prepped the car.  It may have taken another week before the railyard got it onto a truck and actually delivered to the dealership!  He was willing to pull strings like that for me; this new dealership is obviously not!

I'll say this -- whenever the car actually does arrive, if they do not honor every single rebate I'm expecting, including the $750 brochure rebate, I am canceling my order on the spot and ordering from Georgia.  I don't care if it takes another three months -- at this point, it's the principle of it!

Ssssh....lucky I don't have to wait that long for my custom ordered Ping G25 irons with the KBS Tour stiff shafts. I hate the wait too...but Roger Dunn did offer me a loaner set to play with but I decline. Wish some Ford dealers would do this as well for all you new buyers...  ;)

MadManMoon I did read where it is supposedly sitting, but I think there is a possibility that it is actually back at the plant being upgraded without them adding that to the tracking inventory list. I think they have to hold their cards close to their chests with situations like this for fear of bad publicity that will snowball.  Yes, it would be great if they better communication with the customer and leveled with them, but that is not how these big corporations work.

Ford twitter just told me ours is "In Production", with no ETA. But I know it was built 7/19. It had an ETA of 8/11, at one point it was 8/15. I just sent an email asking the dealer if there was any status change.

Ford has seen an increase of 400% in hybrid sales over last year. I understand a delay in production because of that. I can understand making sure the new ones off the line are "problem free". They have been sending them out though. In my impatience I have searched many, many dealer inventories across the country. Trying to find one just like ours(only seen like 2 or 3). I have been looking at build dates. I have found some built throughout June, and as recently as 7/8. His was built right at the time they started doing the FE update in factory. The factory started doing it on 7/9/13.

Just called the Ford 800 number and they said the status was updated today with an ETA of 8/18-22. About a week behind the last ETA. I can handle that...I think.

Edited by slampro

Movement!  I have a railcar! Maxine is currently sleeping peacefully inside the grand palace known as TTGX 977170.  A palatial home, if I do say so myself!

TTGX977170_zpsd4ec71b4.jpg

Here's the current full history from my Vehicle Visibility Report:

VehicleVisibility20130731_zps1c30f32e.jp

I had to go to the dealership in person to discover this.  My salesman is a nice guy, but a bit old-fashioned -- apparently he prefers the "tried and true" CONCEPS system, which is an antique, DOS-based system, that almost never has the most recent status!  The twenty-something assistant sales manager logged onto the newer Vehicle Visibility system, and was able to print out my full history, including the railcar info, in about ten seconds.  I happened to be a half-mile from the dealership since I was at the doctor's office today (otherwise, I don't live or work anywhere near the dealer), so this was all blind luck!

So, let's keep everything crossed for an August 5 delivery -- I have a nice long day trip for work on August 6 that would be the perfect break-in adventure for Maxine and I!

Edited by MadManMoon

Wow this is good news.  Now that you have the rail car number you can follow it home.

In case you haven't found a site that shows how to track your truck by rail...here you go . Provided many months ago by our own Scooter S.

"First you will need the rail car letters and numbers. It is on the visibility report or DORA which is from the dealership. You MAY be able to get it from the SVT people but they seem often in a cranky mood and may tell you to get it from the dealer.

Mine was two letters and 6 numbers from what I remember.

There are two major rail companies.

CSX is everything east of the mississippi
UP is everything west of the mississippi

But they all start out on CSX so once they have it in their system they will follow it all the way.

So, how do you track your truck on a railcar?

First and most important. Never talk to live personnel at the railroad! Only use automated phone system. If it attempts to transfer you to a live person please hang up. The railcar information we are provided by is given as a courtesy and if we call live personnel we may lose the access and ability to track.
CSX
1. Call the CSX 1-800-235-2352
2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.
3. When prompted for the car initials, say CN (or whatever initials you have) then wait for the next prompt.
4. When prompted for the car number, say 907048 (or whatever your number is)
5. When prompted for next car say DONE.
6. That's it; enjoy your updated status report.

Union Pacific
1. Call UP at 1 800 877-5123 1 800 877-5123
2. Follow phone prompts for Trace
3. Say the railcar number complete and clearly. Example CN123456 all together
4. Listen for your update

These automated systems can be frustrating. Keep in mind they are intended for use by folks that use them daily all day long. Like I said if you are being transferred to a live person please hang up and try again.
Edited by Laurel

I'm sure your delay is for the mandatory recall upgrade, regardless of its at the factory plant or before the train they want it done asap. just bad ordering time for you. wrong order wrong time.bad luck that's all. it will be worth the wait. don't spoil your new car experiences. it should be a fun and exciting time. stay positive.

I'm sure your delay is for the mandatory recall upgrade, regardless of its at the factory plant or before the train they want it done asap. just bad ordering time for you. wrong order wrong time.bad luck that's all. it will be worth the wait. don't spoil your new car experiences. it should be a fun and exciting time. stay positive.

Thanks, salsaguy -- I'm trying to stay positive, and balance rational responses against my animalistic urge to HAVE MY NEW CAR RIGHT NOW!!!  Although I really don't think the recall had anything to do with it, since (a) the fuel economy software upgrade was installed at the factory for all cars built after July 9, and mine was built July 11, and (b) I have the panoramic fixed-glass roof, so it's not affected by the safety recall.

My main frustration is with my dealer.  Even assuming a several-hour lag between status changing and the Vehicle Visibility Report reflecting the change, the railcar number was available on July 30.  When I called the morning of July 31, they said still no change.  That's obviously not true!  Even at the dealership in person, I had to ask specifically for a Vehicle Visibility Report, and to have the full history printed out for me.  That's apparently exactly what I'll have to ask for every time I call.  At least now I can spam the CSX TouchTrace number and watch TTGX977170 wind its way through the Northeast en route to this area!

It is frustrating MadManMoon, but soon it will be a distant memory.  I found the dealership did not give us much info. unless we threw a hissy fit.  Once my car was on the train, I started having fun until something happened to the rail car outside of Tacoma (it was broken down and had to be moved to another car and I never got the new number) and I lost track of it for a few days.  Then voila she was in Vancouver!  I'm not sure why the dealers don't understand how much good publicity they would get if they were helpful with the tracking of our cars.  They are callous and oblivious about the tracking issues from my experience.

Choo-choo!   :woohoo:

TTGX977170 has left New Boston, MI and is en route to Walbridge, OH!  It's 46 miles by road, probably slightly more via rail.  I'm a huge train buff, so I'm enjoying trying to scout the route via Google Maps.  I only wish I could drag and drop a rail route like you can with a road route...but Google Maps sadly doesn't work that way.

ETA: Arrived at Walbridge, OH at 4:46 PM EDT.  No ETA for next destination.  At least I can call CSX TouchTrace every five minutes and not bother any humans!   :lol:

Edited by MadManMoon

So, according to the CSX website, the routing from Walbridge, OH to Jessup, MD takes 5 days and 20 hours, so I had resigned myself to believe that I won't see my car until the end of next week at the earliest.  However, I can't stop calling CSX TouchTrace every few hours, just in case.

So imagine my shock when it tells me that TTGX977170 arrived in Jessup, MD at 8:50 PM EDT tonight!   :yahoo:

So, if my dealer really marked it "hot" like he said, it could be there TOMORROW!  Or maybe SUNDAY!  Or even MONDAY!  But hopefully not Tuesday, because I have an all-day trip for work.  So maybe WEDNESDAY!

For the first time, Maxine and I are in the same state!   :love_shower: