First Trip in C-Max

homestead

Took my first trip from Portland OR area to Bellevue WA.

Only had 720 miles of in town driving on cmax at the start of the trip with lifetime mpg of 42. 

Was expecting my lifetime to go down due to higher speed driving but that

was wrong, mpg kept climbing the entire trip.  Roundtrip was 459.1 miles.

Drove 60 - 68 MPH for most of the trip.  Got an even 45.0 mpg for the trip.

Ending odometer was at 1179.6 miles.  Lifetime ended up at 43.7mpg.

post-925-0-50772500-1369085709_thumb.jpg

I have sad, sad, sad news for you. For someone whos about to hit the 15,000...it's truly sad.... :sad:

it only gets better....ssh...don't yell just incase Consumer Reports sees this and goes ballistics. Enjoy...sshhh...quiet now.

Thanks for the note Homestead, as a fellow Portlander, I drive to Bellevue every other week. I-5 is a nice track, mostly 75 MPH with my current Acura TL gets me 26 MPG. I can't wait to compare with my C-Max. The C-Max will be my wife's primary driver as she put 30K miles per yr on her Honda Pilot (18-20MPG). We rented from dealer a couple of weekends ago and drove to Bend and back. Averaged 39.5 MPG without employing any of Jus-A-CMax's FE techniques. Not sure I will get the wife to follow any of them, but we're in a no lose situation comping from the Pilot!

Just curious, which dealer did you purchase from? And comments on the buying or service experiences? Thanks and congrats on the increased MPG's! 

I used eco cruise most of the time and I did up my tire pressure to 45 prior to the trip and used oregon's regular e10 gas.

Bought the car here --> http://www.courtesyford.com, good experence buying there bought my last 2 fords there.  No pressure

from the finance guy.  Haven't used the service department there as we live on the west side of town.

They give one free oil change.

Thanks agin for the info, Eco cruise is the way to go! I also live on the west side and I'm working with Landmark Ford. I want a competent dealer and service department first, but would also like it to be conveniently close to my Tualatin home!