Verifying something about "engage" screen

cepwin

I had been keeping my screen in "empower" mode and hit it into "engage" mode.  There is a little engine symbol that lights up when the engine is running and is visible but not lit when on battery.  The book says it's a "check engine" light.  When I look at pictures of that screen it appears to be as designed. Furthermore, if it was a warning it would make sense that you'd see it on all info screens not just engage.  Am I correct that it is as designed?? Thanks!!

In the information screens the engine is just there to tell you that the ICE is running  and you are using gasoline. (it lights up in WHITE)  The check engine light is a physical light in the seedometer gauge area. It will light up in AMBER and stay on if there is a problem with the engine. Don't worry There is no problem with the engine unless the amber light comes on.

If you are asking about the little white engine symbol at the end of the outer Kw band,  it's just to indicate that that outer band is the engine indicator.  The inner blue band has a similar reminder that is noted by the EV letters to let you know that it is the electric motor indicator. 

post-758-0-44145200-1369835826_thumb.jpg