Backup Camera

This appears to be more of a problem with the 2013 models, based on the amount of forum posts on the issue. May be an early production problem with a supplier, but that is just a guess, I posted replacement info in the past & you may find info online that may help. Do a search here or online for "reversing camera". Hope this helps.

I installed this one the other day because mine was all fuzzy and blurry on my 2013 CMax hybrid.    
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08V5321FZ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

In the reviews on that site, you’ll see someone who links to their YouTube video on how to install it.   He does a good job describing the process in that video.  Basically pop off the plastic rear panel and remove some plugs and a few nuts.  

In case it helps someone else about 2 weeks ago my backup camera stopped working about 85% of the time with the error message saying camera not available, see dealer.  My car is a 2013 SEL.  Occasionally it would work and some of those times the image would be upside down.  After reviewing this forum, I ordered the camera (Dorman 592-008 Rear Park Assist Camera) and some plastic trim tools from Amazon.  Using the YouTube video below I was able to replace it.  I did have one of the tabs on the camera bracket break.  I secured it with a trimmed piece of duct tape, and I think it will be fine.  If not, I know the camera works and how to get to it now.

Edited by lowbar

Lowbar, I did the same thing as you and both tabs broke on my bracket.

I ran large beads of hot glue around three sides of my bracket with it taped in place.

I think it will hold OK.

It's so great having the camera working again!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm now in the 'replacement camera' club myself - today I replaced it on my '13 at 110,150 miles. I even used the same youtube video guide as you did, @lowbar!

Fortunately, I did not break any tabs on the camera bracket. The little metal clamps that hold the pillar trim pieces along the rear window did break off, though.

I feel like the guide arrows on the screen aren't as precise as they were before, so I'll have to get used to that.

Some comments on the youtube video were quoting $850-$1350 for the dealer to do it, so doing it for $150 in parts feels like a huge bargain to me!