My Ford Touch update for C-Max finally available!

I contacted my local Ford dealer service this morning to complain about the continued delay in updating the GPS/Nav system and to see whether he'd heard anything more from Ford since we last talked about it 6 weeks ago, and he said by coincidence just on Saturday Ford had released a revision for my vehicle (a Sept 2012 build) for "SYNC WITH MYFORD TOUCH - APPLICATION PERFORMANCE UPGRADE."

So perhaps the long wait is over. Happy to be bearer of glad tidings!

There was also a revision released for "REAR GATE TRUNK MODULE REPROGRAM" btw.

Did you get a call from your dealer because you asked to be notified when it was avaialble?

Has anyone else received a letter or phone call from their dealer or Ford?

When I was on the phone with a Ford rep last week she said that the upgrade just *popped up* under my VIN #. Then I found it on the FordEtis site and printed it off to take to the dealership yesterday for an already scheduled visit. I showed it to my SA and she pulled it up on their computer and they scheduled it for right away yesterday. But I have not received a letter.

I stopped in at our dealership and I think they are getting tired of me asking them about the MFT upgrade.  They checked my VIN and said "no nothing".  And then rather firmly said, "you will get a letter when it is out for your car".  So I guess I am waiting for the letter as I have worn out my welcome at the dealership over this issue.

I called my service advisor this afternoon and he knew exactly what I was talking about. I have an appointment for tomorrow at 8AM.  He said that they have done a few already and it shouldn't take more than a couple of hours. If your service people are saying otherwise, I would ask them to run your VIN for updates.  They should be seeing the same thing that we are through their site.  If they still don't know, I would probably call another dealer until I found someone that knew what they were doing.

Good luck :)

I have had them run my VIN at least three times over the past week--including today--and nothing comes up.  This is likely a Canadian thing happening.  We are usually way behind in getting anything new.  I will watch an advertisement on TV and think "gee I have to try that".  It will be six months to a year before the TV product gets to Canada.  Frustrating at times.

I have had them run my VIN at least three times over the past week--including today--and nothing comes up.  This is likely a Canadian thing happening.  We are usually way behind in getting anything new.  I will watch an advertisement on TV and think "gee I have to try that".  It will be six months to a year before the TV product gets to Canada.  Frustrating at times.

How close to live to the states?  Maybe you need to start importing your vehicles, lol.

How close to live to the states?  Maybe you need to start importing your vehicles, lol.

We're only about 10 kilometers from Blaine, Washington so your idea is not a bad one.  Businesses here can be very old school and paternalistic in approach i.e. we know what is best little lady so just hush up until we call you LOL.

I stopped in at our dealership and I think they are getting tired of me asking them about the MFT upgrade.  They checked my VIN and said "no nothing".  And then rather firmly said, "you will get a letter when it is out for your car".  So I guess I am waiting for the letter as I have worn out my welcome at the dealership over this issue.

I'm so sorry to hear this Laurel! Keep checking the FordEtis site, and as soon as you see it pop up, print it and take it to the dealership. 

I'm so sorry to hear this Laurel! Keep checking the FordEtis site, and as soon as you see it pop up, print it and take it to the dealership. 

Adair it is on the Ford Etis site and I told them that. They still gave me the bum's rush.  I am so annoyed that I honestly don't want to darken the door of any Ford dealer for the next while.  I am a black mood after reading about people having so many problems with MFT and battery stuff.  It is so discouraging!  Honestly I do feel like we bought an Edsel which is stupid as we haven't had any real problems, but reading the problems just bums me out.  Having two weeks of steady rain is turning me into a pessimist LOL.

Adair it is on the Ford Etis site and I told them that. They still gave me the bum's rush.  I am so annoyed that I honestly don't want to darken the door of any Ford dealer for the next while.  I am a black mood after reading about people having so many problems with MFT and battery stuff.  It is so discouraging!  Honestly I do feel like we bought an Edsel which is stupid as we haven't had any real problems, but reading the problems just bums me out.  Having two weeks of steady rain is turning me into a pessimist LOL.

Time to move to a much warmer weather Laurel, Caifornia...where the tacos are great and sunshine everyday...yaaah! Oh you might get a natural shake or two with your slurpee...its a 10 year special. Then I can introduce you to Galpin Ford and they'll take care of you. Hang in there, it'll come but its also a game to buzz 'em till they do their JOB!

Once I am out of the funk, I will email my Ford Canada contact and ask him for something on paper to take in to the dealership.  They are just being lazy and not helpful.  The last time I was in they asked if my MFT was working and when I said yes they just tuned me out over the upgrade issue.  Time for a road trip to Galpin.

I contacted my local Ford dealer service this morning to complain about the continued delay in updating the GPS/Nav system and to see whether he'd heard anything more from Ford since we last talked about it 6 weeks ago, and he said by coincidence just on Saturday Ford had released a revision for my vehicle (a Sept 2012 build) for "SYNC WITH MYFORD TOUCH - APPLICATION PERFORMANCE UPGRADE."

So perhaps the long wait is over. Happy to be bearer of glad tidings!

There was also a revision released for "REAR GATE TRUNK MODULE REPROGRAM" btw.

csavage7 great news thanks for posting.  So you have a CMax built in September like mine.  Your the first I've heard from.  I knew Ford didn't just build mine that month.  Enjoy the ride...

can the next person who takes their car in for the update ask the service rep if they are rolling out the update slowly by month car was built to keep dealer impact lower or are all cars available at same time regardless of build date.

then report result here for others to know.

Same thing happened to me! Sync update would crash midway during download. Tech said it was an issue with download from ford servers. 

Had to take it in this morning (CEL keeps turning on), so hopefully they will surprise me with the update! :)

Same thing happened to me! Sync update would crash midway during download. Tech said it was an issue with download from ford servers. 

Had to take it in this morning (CEL keeps turning on), so hopefully they will surprise me with the update! :)

What is CEL?

I emailed Ford Canada customer service yet again and he ran my VIN and said he found that there is a FSA for US cars for the 3.5.1 which applies to mine.  He suggested I try again with my dealership asking them to look for it.  He said if I have no luck with them to email him and he will help me.  However, now I am gun shy with all the update glitches happening.  So I may just sit on things for a month and then go in.  Our MFT works just fine and I don't relish the thought of them screwing things up.  Maybe they can practice on someone else first as I don't want to be the sacrificial goat.LOL I have printed his email to wave under their noses if need be.

I emailed Ford Canada customer service yet again and he ran my VIN and said he found that there is a FSA for US cars for the 3.5.1 which applies to mine.  He suggested I try again with my dealership asking them to look for it.  He said if I have no luck with them to email him and he will help me.  However, now I am gun shy with all the update glitches happening.  So I may just sit on things for a month and then go in.  Our MFT works just fine and I don't relish the thought of them screwing things up.  Maybe they can practice on someone else first as I don't want to be the sacrificial goat.LOL I have printed his email to wave under their noses if need be.

Don't sweat it - lets put all those bad updates into context - its like early adopters, they had issues with the Ford servers & versioning but now its pretty much down pat. No issues with mine and Galpin also resolved my Check Engine (due to SD card, believe or not...but its official). Like I posted earlier, I am not seeing a significant change - yeah, new cool screen and streamlined phone hook up but no major performance navigation improvement as far as I can tell just driving around for a couple of hours on streets and freeways here in Los Angeles. No rubber banding either at this time.