CMAX Jet Engine Inside? (With MAX AC on a hot day)

MADCMAX

We just realized our first few hot days over 90 degrees.  And using the AC at MAX AC, it sounds like a jet engine (really, it does) for a few minutes and then eventually it slows down the noise and it gets back to a normal non-jet engine mode.  

When in jet engine mode (MAX AC), you feel the vibration in the steering wheel, transmission shift selector, floor, doors, etc.  You really feel it.  Even if not on MAX AC, set to AUTO and 68 degrees, it really ramps up to get the car cooled off I guess, but the sound is un-nerving.  

Has anyone else experienced these things - 90 degrees outside, using MAX AC, does it sound like a jet engine under the hood?  I'd be curious if it is a problem with ours, or is this normal.  We have had many issues with our CMAX since birth, and so I'm never sure if something is normal or not.....doesn't sound good but might be normal?  It isn't like it gets worse.....

Thank you for the confirmation that it isn't just us.  It really just kept getting louder and louder, and eventually it peaked.  But it really did remind me of a jet engine revving to take off down the runway.  I took a video (with sound) of it but it is too big to post and doesn't do it justice unless you hear it in person.  MAX AC should be re-labelled "Parking lot mode" because there is no way anyone would complain they couldn't hear your hybrid as they walk in front of your car!  :shift:

Yep. I posted on another thread that I was afraid something was going to explode. I will confirm the vibration and the sound. I was not able to stand to wait for it to ramp down, I just turned it off. When I turn it back on it behaved "normally".