and they attempted to install 3.5.1

My SA called me after leaving Max

for about 5 hours. She said they

had trouble with the download. Made

Several attempts to install and every time

Near the end they said it would error and

crash. So the plan was to give me the

car back and once they can fix the problem

the they will have me bring the car back.

So for now I have a very unresponsive MFT

Which does very little do to poor

responsiveness of the touch screen functions.

But I have managed to see the new home

screen which shows a picture of a Focus

not a CMax (come on Ford...really) with an

illustration showing the flow of power from

battery or gas to the front wheels.

I can't pair my iPhone which really ticks

me off and means I can't stream my

music which really bugs me.

So lots of useless new screens which do

nothing that I can see or use at this point

until Ford can get it together and finish

the installation...hopefully and when?

Sooner than not I hope?

Edited by mtb9153

Well this is a fine kettle of fish!  I definitely will not be taking Tip in for the upgrade until I hear that the kinks are worked out.  This is very discouraging news.  I am glad our system is working well without having to go for the upgrade.  Sorry for your troubles mtb9153.

That is very poor customer service, would not happen at Galpin as they would have given a loaner and not a half baked MFT update returned to you. From what I gather, Galpin did have this same issue with the first install due to download errors on the Ford end (akin to what was reported here) but they have been smooth ever since, mine took like 3 to 5 hrs and I had a check engine thrown in (thanks SD card) for good measure...but I was given a Mazda 3 loaner which saved my Saturday.

I am so happy to have Galpin as my dealer and see servicer for our Jaguar & C-MAX :)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Is it possible the dealer attempted to download the wrong update? My power flow screen is definitely a C-Max and not a Focus. I had the 3.5.1 update about a week and a half ago with no problems so far.

StoBro2 now you have me really concerned if you are telling me that you have 3.5.1 but your home screen with the energy flow diagram is of a CMax and not a Focus?  I'm attaching a picture of the screen which now graces my MFT.  It definately is not a CMax.  Take a look.

Edited by mtb9153

Is it possible the dealer attempted to download the wrong update? My power flow screen is definitely a C-Max and not a Focus. I had the 3.5.1 update about a week and a half ago with no problems so far.

StoBro2 now you have me really concerned if you are telling me that you have 3.5.1 but your home screen with the energy flow diagram is of a CMax and not a Focus?  I'm attaching a picture of the screen which now graces my MFT.  It definately is not a CMax.  Take a look.

That is definitely a Focus. Wow. And there's not even a Focus Hybrid available! Or are they accidentally leaking some information !!?!

That is definitely a Focus. Wow. And there's not even a Focus Hybrid available! Or are they accidentally leaking some information !!?!

Actually the Focus can be purchased as a Fully Electric/Rechargeable car but not as a hybrid at least not to my knowledge.  I've seen the fully electric model in the showroom of my local dealer, it is a nice car but I prefer the SUV spaciousness of the CMax.

I wonder what the WHOLE name for 3.5.1 is.

There has to be a different designation for each version.

3.5.1.Taurus

3.5.1.Focus

3.5.1.C-Max

If you could get StoBro2 to post a picture

and

C-Max Hybrid Member (he is a huge resource for the forum) :worship:  to post the complete designation for the 3.5.1.C-Max.SEL.303a.

Then all you have to do is diplomatically slip this info to your SA.

Actually the Focus can be purchased as a Fully Electric/Rechargeable car but not as a hybrid at least not to my knowledge.  I've seen the fully electric model in the showroom of my local dealer, it is a nice car but I prefer the SUV spaciousness of the CMax.

That came to mind before i posted, but the System Status diagram includes the gasoline use pathway, so the diagram itself can only be for a full hybrid. 

I wonder what the WHOLE name for 3.5.1 is.

There has to be a different designation for each version.

3.5.1.Taurus

3.5.1.Focus

3.5.1.C-Max

If you could get StoBro2 to post a picture

and

C-Max Hybrid Member (he is a huge resource for the forum) :worship:  to post the complete designation for the 3.5.1.C-Max.SEL.303a.

Then all you have to do is diplomatically slip this info to your SA.

I don't think there does have to be a different version.  I believe they use the same version across vehicles.  There is no reason why the computer wouldn't have some value stored somewhere that said this vehicle is a c-max, display the appropriate information.   Since mtb's update didn't work correctly, and it's half-there and half-not apparently, it's obviously not working as intended.

I'm wondering if there's some information in the last portion of the download which tells the MFT which install is being done.  My SA told me and I quote..."They tried 4 times to download the update, and each time near the end it would error."  So then they decided to give me back the car while they try to figure it out and once they did then I would bring my Max back in for another try.  I think ZhackWyatt is right it must be one version for all models and then there's some bit of info stored somewhere which makes the picture show as a CMax instead of a Focus like mine.  Otherwise it would be too expensive for Ford to produce separate versions for each model.

Edited by mtb9153

mtb - not much luck lately - first the ticket and now this goof-ball stuff up. Hope you get a free oil change or something out of this debacle mate...

Oh you better check theres no black cats around your neighbors jinxing yer. Keep us up to date with whats happening. Never seen anything like this, take care dude :rockon:

mtb - not much luck lately - first the ticket and now this goof-ball stuff up. Hope you get a free oil change or something out of this debacle mate...

Oh you better check theres no black cats around your neighbors jinxing yer. Keep us up to date with whats happening. Never seen anything like this, take care dude :rockon:

Jus you can count on me keeping the forum up to date as this mess unfolds hopefully into a 100% solution that hopefully comes sooner than not?