Tips for Renewing Sirius Radio Subcription

T-Mobile, for example, also offers unlimited data.

If using up a limited data allotment is a concern for some, that's understandable (and unfortunate), but please realize, it's not an issue everyone has.

Then again, if this is accurate...

8719280440_fa99b1c360.jpg

...perhaps it's up to us, with unlimited plans, to remember what a minority we're in. I'm pretty sure neither Verizon nor AT&T offer that, and it seems a lot more people are with them, so Internet streaming music just isn't a particularly good option for most people.

Edited by CarpeNivem

T-Mobile, for example, also offers unlimited data.

If using up a limited data allotment is a concern for some, that's understandable (and unfortunate), but please realize, it's not an issue everyone has.

Then again, if this is accurate...

8719280440_fa99b1c360.jpg

...perhaps it's up to us, with unlimited plans, to remember what a minority we're in. I'm pretty sure neither Verizon nor AT&T offer that, and it seems a lot more people are with them, so Internet streaming music just isn't a particularly good option for most people.

I am in a dilemma now where I am due to upgrade my iPhone, but I currently have unlimited data with Verizon. If I upgrade to a new phone I lose my unlimited data, and I stream all day while I am at my desk. So I need to either switch to T-Mobile or Sprint, or buy the phone outright. If I buy the phone for full price I won't have to change my current plan.

• 2 months later...

I got my email reminder from Sirius that they would be automatically deducting $175 plus tax to renew for another year in June.  Last year I got a rate of about half that and the fellow who gave it to me said to phone this year ahead of time and ask for a good rate.  He said if they refuse just cancel and phone back later and I would get a good rate.  So I phoned yesterday and asked for a better rate.  Got a flippant young woman who laughed when I asked for a good rate.  She came back with an offer of $171 and I said, "that is only 4 dollars less".  Her response was that it was a good rate because it included taxes.  I asked to cancel and she transferred me over to the cancellation department.  I got a charming fellow from Eastern Canada (loved his accent).  He offered me a rate of about $80, but then I asked about lifetime memembership and I bought that for $530.  Love my Sirius so I am happy.

Just curious, I`m assuming that your Lifetime Sirius/XM Membership is for you and not the particular Radio Receiver thats in your current Vehicle, correct?  If the Lifetime membership applies to future Vehicle`s equipped with Sirius/XM Radios, fine, otherwise. do you plan on keeping your present Vehicle for the remainder of your Life?  Depending on when you plan on trading in your Vehicle for another, why give its future Owner a free Subscription?

It applies to 3 future transfers to Sirius equipped vehicles and after those 3, I will have to pay $75 to transfer it to another Sirius equiped vehicle.  I think 3 will be enough as hubby and I are 65 yrs. old thus aren't too likely to be swapping vehichles as much as we did in our youth.  I have loved Sirius since we first got it--great for non reception areas on road trips.  However, it is highly likely that somehow and some way they will get the best of me as that appears to be the nature of these companies.  Que sera, que sera.

Edited by Laurel