3.5.1 Thread

I'd suggest first discussing with dealer and then if not satisfied open a complaint with Ford.  

Points I'd make are: 1) you understand that the dealer / Ford is not "required" to give a loaner / rental for warranty work (but most do if the service requires more than one day as I assume Ford picks up the tab); 2) you expect that when you leave your car with the dealer, the work will be done correctly;  3) you should not have to be inconvenienced a second time by being without a car a full day because of their errors / mistakes (and perhaps even more times since you have no confidence they will do it correctly the second time); 4) A dealer employee can certainly drive a loaner (or SM's personal car) / "rental" to you and pick up your car;  4)  you will open a complaint with Ford if not in agreement on how to resolve.

DITTO all of what Plus 3 Golfer said!!!!

Hi....I brought my CMAX into the dealer yesterday to perform the update. When I got it back nothing was changed (still just a clock up top and no 'hybrid' screen). I told them the update didn'ty go through and they need to call Ford for help. ANY chance that a master reset just needs to be performed at the end for it to go through? I have a feeling they rushed the end because it was then end of the day.

Thx

I experienced exactly the same result after supposedly being updated by my dealer. I tried a master reset. Nothing changed.

Service manager from the dealer just called.  He has been in touch with Ford and was told there have been many cases of the upgrade reporting to the system that it has been installed, but nothing was actually applied to the car.  I have another appointment on July 10 for the install the upgrade to the MFT.  Without my asking he said there would be a car waiting for me to drive while they have mine.  My only question is this:  Don't they even look at their work before signing off on it?  The tech should have seen that nothing was changed.

Service manager from the dealer just called.  He has been in touch with Ford and was told there have been many cases of the upgrade reporting to the system that it has been installed, but nothing was actually applied to the car.  I have another appointment on July 10 for the install the upgrade to the MFT.  Without my asking he said there would be a car waiting for me to drive while they have mine.  My only question is this:  Don't they even look at their work before signing off on it?  The tech should have seen that nothing was changed.

This happened to me as well except now the dealer is telling me there isn't an update available for my C-MAX. They are telling me it is for C-MAX's with navigation only even though I have the letter from Ford saying I should get the update. I have contacted Ford and so far all they tell me is their system shows the recall was done. Has anyone here that doesn't have navigation had the update done?

Edited by rkk

This happened to me as well except now the dealer is telling me there isn't an update available for my C-MAX. They are telling me it is for C-MAX's with navigation only even though I have the letter from Ford saying I should get the update. I have contacted Ford and so far all they tell me is their system shows the recall was done. Has anyone here that doesn't have navigation had the update done?

(Emphasis mine).  Read the TSB's forum.  This "upgrade" is NOT just for cars with navigation.  As the saying goes, "been there, done that.".

• 2 weeks later...

I just got 3.5.1 installed today after 3 trips and 8 hours wasted at one dealer. Decided to take it to another dealer and they took longer than expected but got it installed correctly. I'm not liking the new larger buttons on the Nav screen and that the Nav prompt mute is now hidden in the menus.

I have the SEL 300A package - MFT screen, without Navigation.  And I had the update done.

I have the SEL 300A package - MFT screen, without Navigation.  And I had the update done.

I have it installed now. I emailed the dealer service manager along with a customer service rep from Ford all the info including the letter from Ford and the sync history showing them the update wasn't done. The service manager emailed be back to bring it and they would try again. It's working fine now.