Got My First EV+

ScubaDadMiami

The first time I noticed my EV+ come up on the screen I was on a local highway on my way to work, about 5 miles from home.  I was completely confused why it popped up there but a mile down the road it disappeared and I forgot about it.  On my way home that day it came up in the exact same spot on the local highway but when I was headed in the other direction.  I started to get annoyed because I felt like my gps might be way off.

Turns out I was just driving passed the dealer where I bought the car and it was recognizing the dealer as a frequent stop!  :hysterical: It continued to do it for the first few weeks I owned the car but eventually it did stop coming up EV+.

Salsaguy, my EV+ comes on about a half mile from home and work.

Salsaguy, my EV+ comes on about a half mile from home and work.

That is much further than what I experience.  I believe the owner's manual states that it activates about 1/8th of a mile from a frequent destination (like home or one's place of employment), and that is what I experience.  I know it is shorter than a quarter mile.

That is much further than what I experience.  I believe the owner's manual states that it activates about 1/8th of a mile from a frequent destination (like home or one's place of employment), and that is what I experience.  I know it is shorter than a quarter mile.

My EV+ is definitely about a half mile, as soon as I turn onto my street it comes on and that is just about a half mile away from my apartment.

It's subtle so you may not notice it the first time it happens. 

Agreed but one exception is when you give it enough throttle/speed up to normally activate the ICE but it stays in EV.

Marty, you can force learn EV+ buy power cycling the car on and off 11 times in a row.  It should be in EV+ the next time you arrive at that location.

• 3 weeks later...

the ev+ locations are the ones you start/stop/travel to the most. in most cases this would be your home, work and your friendly neighborhood Ford dealer if you've had any major issues/problems and had to take it in and they had to run tests/drive your car. per others here it usually turns on within 1/4 to 1/8 of a mile from these locations.you can speed up this process by starting/stopping your car 11 times in the desired location(s).

it makes sure to use the battery only (EV) in these zones to improve fuel economy.

How does the car store EV+ locations?  I think I read that it's stored with the trip odometer?  

I don't think there's enough publicly available information to know for sure. I would assume it is in the same memory store that backs the odometer - as opposed to the entertainment or navigation system. 

I'm not sure why you're asking, though. I assume you're thinking that knowing could give you more information that would allow you to control when it comes on? Are you wondering whether resetting the lifetime fuel economy also resets the EV+ locations? 

i asked before but no-one knew how many EV+ locatIons can be stored.i would assume 3 (home, work and 1 other would be common to do) but no one has confirmed, though they did say they got EV+ around their dealer so thats why I assume 3 for home and work for sure.

Any one here getting more than 3 EV+ locations in your trips if you have had the car for a few months at least?