Jelly Bean update 6.8.13

About May 20 I took my C-MAX to the dealership to address the SYNC/phone/radio issue on really hot days. They kept it over night but could not duplicate the problem. Did a master reset, and when I SYNCed the phone I did not upload the phone book. Drove like that with no issues but no really hot days either. Took the car back in on May 28 for the 3.5.1 and lift gate upgrade. I picked it up that afternoon, SYNCed phone and uploaded phone book on a *do or die* theory. Lift gate worked fine. 3.5.1 worked. Phone sync worked. Wednesday things worked. Thursday morning things worked. Thursday afternoon May 30 5pm, radio, SYNC, phone all were frozen. No paddles, dials or buttons worked. I drove It to the dealership in that state so they could see it. It was 5:30, so it was too late to hook up to the computers for analysis, so they gave me a loaner and kept it. I was comforted by the fact that 3 technicians had seen the problem in action.

It is now Saturday June 8 and they have not been able to duplicate the problem. They have cooked it in the sun and each time it's started and all systems work fine.

I'm picking it up on Tuesday, unless something happens Monday, and will. SYNC phone but not upload phone book rights away. I suppose I will have to wait until we have 80* temps in the middle of the day, hope it fails at lunch so I can take it to the dealership early enough in the day so they can get the engineers involved to analyze the problem.

Same problem here about a half dozen times.  Can't definitely relate it to high temps since it's even occurred in the garage.  Most times it's self-corrected, but once I removed fuse 67 to get it working again.  Going in Monday for the liftgate notice, but don't think the techs have enough experience to diagnose/repair that freeze problem yet.

Mine will usually self correct if I turn it off for 10-15 minutes or so. Once I went out and turned it on/off 15 min before the end of the day. That worked, but the next time I tried it, everything worked at 4:45 But nothing worked at 5. Go figure. It's very annoying to drive all the way home with no features working. And when this happens , the only way I can use my phone is to unSYNC it from the car

i assumed they were speaking about an Android phone os version and the number was the version not the date. JellyBean is a codename for a certain of the android system. since they were taking about sync issues i was thinking it was related to  ttheir phone. i didn't realize they called they car JellyBean. sorry ;)

i assumed they were speaking about an Android phone os version and the number was the version not the date. JellyBean is a codename for a certain of the android system. since they were taking about sync issues i was thinking it was related to  ttheir phone. i didn't realize they called they car JellyBean. sorry ;)

Salsa guy, JellyBean is my name for my C-MAX. Someone on Facebook early on described the C-MAX as a jellybean in a derogatory manner, but I liked the name. Didn't know there was an android version called that, but my phone is an Android.

Sorry for any confusion

But did they have your phone?

No, I was hesitant to leave the phone, plus I use it all the time. I've been checking my address book for *unique *characters but some are part of the phone system and can't be removed. We shall see what happens after Tuesday .

My fingers are crossed Adair.  All of us first year buyers will eventually get everything working tickety boo.  Tip has been very lucky (knocking on wood here), but I am dragging my heels on doing the upgrades.  Tip was just in for her six month check and isn't due to go back until October so I may just wait until then for the MFT and tail gate upgrades.  Our navigation etc is working fine and I don't want to rock the boat.  Let them get all the bugs worked out first.  I don't mind kicking twice until then. 

My fingers are crossed Adair.  All of us first year buyers will eventually get everything working tickety boo.  Tip has been very lucky (knocking on wood here), but I am dragging my heels on doing the upgrades.  Tip was just in for her six month check and isn't due to go back until October so I may just wait until then for the MFT and tail gate upgrades.  Our navigation etc is working fine and I don't want to rock the boat.  Let them get all the bugs worked out first.  I don't mind kicking twice until then. 

I don't blame you one bit Laurel! My issue started before the update tho, so I'll have to have it back for a few days to see how the updates work. I'm so happy for you that Tip has been trouble free for you (knocking on wood here too!)

each major version of Android OS has increased in alphabet letter and created a "sweets" name for the system. like they do for naming hurricanes after people's names. The Android names have been like C=Cupcake, D=Donut, E= Eclair, F= Froyo (a frozen yogurt chain), G= Gingerbread, H=Honeycomb, I = ice cream sandwich, J = JellyBean, etc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history

Salsa guy, JellyBean is my name for my C-MAX. Someone on Facebook early on described the C-MAX as a jellybean in a derogatory manner, but I liked the name. Didn't know there was an android version called that, but my phone is an Android.

Sorry for any confusion

Edited by salsaguy

Sorry for any confusion

I assumed it was a Ford-insider reference to the Jelly Bean taurus. 

Adair I see that Monarch59 posted  about his dead battery saying he needed some sort of cooling pump replaced.  I know you don't have dead battery issues, but just wondering if a faulty cooling pump might be affecting your MFT system?  Grasping at straws maybe, but I just wonder.

Are you implying that Jelly Bean is an android?  Well if so, that might be pretty neat for Adair.

For a while there, I thought Adair got a special car or phone there, we knows she has the Droid 4  :finger: 

Oh so confusing....time to head back to my lil hole, grab my clubs, drive to the golf course, get 68MPG there and play golf ;)

Adair I see that Monarch59 posted  about his dead battery saying he needed some sort of cooling pump replaced.  I know you don't have dead battery issues, but just wondering if a faulty cooling pump might be affecting your MFT system?  Grasping at straws maybe, but I just wonder.

Certainly worth asking them to check tomorrow. Thanks Laurel!