AFTER 3.5.1

catsailor

Everyone, struggling with mid 40's welcome to my world.  Until I reset my fuel history today I was running in the lower to mid 30's.  After resetting the fuel history and while the system re-learns and resets its self I'm running in the 50's :) but by this time tomorrow I'll be back down to 40 or 43 :sad:

I got 3.5.1 loaded a little over two weeks ago. I'm currently about 350 miles into the first full tank after the upgrade. My mileage for this tank so far is 49.9 MPG, which is a personal best. I don't believe the upgrade has hurt the fuel economy at all.

I should mention that driving conditions have been nearly ideal, meaning very little use of the AC, no use for heat, very little headlight use (love these long summer days), not a lot of rain, etc. Most of my driving is between suburbs on roads with speed limits between 25 and 50 MPH. I may actually be close to duplicating the EPA test conditions with this most recent tank!

I got 3.5.1 loaded a little over two weeks ago. I'm currently about 350 miles into the first full tank after the upgrade. My mileage for this tank so far is 49.9 MPG, which is a personal best. I don't believe the upgrade has hurt the fuel economy at all.

I should mention that driving conditions have been nearly ideal, meaning very little use of the AC, no use for heat, very little headlight use (love these long summer days), not a lot of rain, etc. Most of my driving is between suburbs on roads with speed limits between 25 and 50 MPH. I may actually be close to duplicating the EPA test conditions with this most recent tank!

Hell stobro...those are ideal conditions!!!! You should be doing EPA and MORE :rockon:

I'm happy to report that I now have 3.5.1, the dealer got it up and running in a couple hours.  Everything seems to be doing as it should except for two things.

1. the Liftgate is not functioning with one kick, still takes two and then sometimes it doesn't want to close without pushing the button.

2. My iPhone5 will not pair, I get the number sequence on the screen to agree with my iPhone, but when I push Yes on the screen it never see's my phone.  I've tried a million times and no dice.  Really bugs me since now I have to go back to using my bluetooth in my ear :sad: but I guess it is better than before when nothing worked?  So far my average mpg is between 35 and 43 so it still sucks.  Hopefully this is going to change in time?

Oh and I have a picture of a CMax not a Focus :yahoo:

Edited by mtb9153

One other thing I noticed, if I get sloppy with my braking, Cruising, Accel and my scores fall below 50 the blue line turns yellow but returns to blue once I get above 50%.  Sort of neat allows me to quickly see how bad I'm doing

Edited by mtb9153

mtb you sure they did the liftgate tsb? as its not part of 3.5.1 but a different tsb altogether. those that got it said it was an instant fix for sure and only required one kick.

Salsaguy I suspect they didn't because it isn't called out on my copy of the service order.  Another fine mess with these guys.  I have to take it back anyway to try and resolve my iPhone5 not pairing.

To add to the rain affecting your mileage talk, yesterday it was pouring here and I got my worst mileage ever coming home.  I normally average around 45 mpg coming home and yesterday it was 33.6 mpg.  I was in a lot of traffic too, normal trip takes me 30 minutes and yesterday it was over an hour ride.  You would think this would have helped, but the battery was very low when I hit the worst of the traffic and I never got up fast enough to get any regenerative braking, twice it ran the ICE for a few minutes to charge the battery while I was essentially not moving.  My mileage for my tank dropped from 52.6 to 51.3 because of the trip as well and there is no way I will hit 700 miles for the tank now.