Valkraider please check in with us

Laurel

I have been looking daily to see if Valkraider has reported back in concerning whether the dealership has fixed his issues, but I haven't seen anything.  Val you are one of are most valued members and I miss seeing you post.  I hope all is well with you.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm here.

I am just incredibly disenfranchised with Ford and Ford products right now.

:(

3.5.1 is more stable. Still glitchy and has some strange UI anomalies but much better than it was - and has not locked up or crashed since the update.

However MyFordMobile lost my car as a result of the MFT update and Ford can't figure out why it won't add back.

Also my hatch broke last week, and we took it to the dealer we bought from - not the dealer who botched the MFT deal... Unfortunately the dealer we bought from is 20 miles away all the way across town so it's hard to get there during business hours. Sadly, however, they didn't *fix* the broken hatch, they simply adjusted the bumpers until the "open hatch" light went off. The latch itself is still broken and so we'll have to go back again.

I want my Jetta TDI back.

Despite the good PHEV power train, this car has just been a purely unsatisfying ownership experience. A $35k annoyance.

The Ford experiment hasn't been good.

Which is sad because there is potential here, if Ford could just act like they care.

Actually, our plan is to ride this CMax out until the Model X arrives hopefully in 2014. By then the supercharger network will be almost nationwide as well as public level2 charging available more places outside of the EV states** - and then we will won't need the H part of the PHEV. ;)

If we can get a public charger at the ski resorts the AWD Model X will be fully functional!

**For example: we have neighborhoods in Portland with more public chargers than most states (some states don't have any as of this post). I have more *free* public chargers around me than Albuquerque has public chargers *period*.

Val all that makes sense, but won't the MFT be similar to what it is now?  i.e. some improvements but the glitches likely won't be totally ironed out and will drive you nuts.  I did see a photo of a 2014 prototype and it was pretty cool looking.

Looks like the honeymoon is definitely over and separation will probably lead to divorce. One has to know that engineers never get it perfect the first time and that when you buy a new model, you are in a sense a guinea pig. I really like the room and height the C Max offers but do I want to put up with the frustration of bringing the car back to a dealer who does not have any experience with the car to draw from.

Actually, our plan is to ride this CMax out until the Model X arrives hopefully in 2014. By then the supercharger network will be almost nationwide as well as public level2 charging available more places outside of the EV states** - and then we will won't need the H part of the PHEV. ;)

If we can get a public charger at the ski resorts the AWD Model X will be fully functional!

**For example: we have neighborhoods in Portland with more public chargers than most states (some states don't have any as of this post). I have more *free* public chargers around me than Albuquerque has public chargers *period*.

Sounds like a good plan.

Model X is nice (with the "gull wing" doors, no side air brakes aka side mirrors) but you get what you pay for. I don't think I have any problems buying an Energi from Galpin Ford, they know what they are doing and the service manager know me. I just think its important to find a dealer who is trustworthy and know what they are doing, case in point - the horrid stories of the 3.5.1 updates. Good luck with the Model X Valkraider :)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax